Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil rush?

Options
  • 27-01-2012 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

so i just sow this on steam. then ofc i checked gameplay on youtube and i have to admit it looks like alot of fun!

they say its an mix of tower defence and rts, but it is very misleading discription. its prety unique to be honest. i like it.

question is: do i wait for steam sale or get it now..... arghhhhh :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

now i hope no one will get mad at me, but is it like a small scale " Sins of solar Empire" ? i newer played that game.

now i hope no one will get mad at me, but is it like a small scale " Sins of solar Empire" ? i newer played that game.
    Nah. Sins was quite a bit more open than that in terms of building and colonizing. And the maps tended to be very large, each planet had it's own 'system', or Orbit Zone where you warped into, this is where you built space stations and stuff, basically wherever you want. These planets were linked together as nodes by jump-lanes. Altogether those planets and asteroids (small planet zones you can imagine) orbit around a star, and very often these stars would link to other stars, and thus to many more planets and things. Very large scale game.

10-1414_1.jpg

Trienta.png

sins-of-a-solar-empire-20080122020548212.jpg (You can spot the radius in this photo)

And here is a zoom in on one of those green icons otherwise known as a ship:

http://www.watchmojo.com/blogs/images/sins7a.jpg

Its $20 on Steam for the whole thing. Its worth getting, if you see it on sale sometime even more so. Epic scale battle (bring a fast CPU!):

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Units dont count against resources, so its always in you interest to spam. Ruins the game.

ED E wrote: »
    Units dont count against resources, so its always in you interest to spam. Ruins the game.
    In Oil Rush or sins? In Sins having a higher fleet cap places higher tax on your income.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Overheal wrote: »
    In Oil Rush or sins? In Sins having a higher fleet cap places higher tax on your income.

Oil rush.

Advertisement