Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Ecommerce website PenDanDo

• 27-01-2012 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,
    We have just finished putting a new site together.

www.PenDanDo.com

We are interested in getting feedback on the site. Specifically about the look and feel and ease of use.
    Do you understand what the site does and how it operates?
    Is it as straight forward to use as we think (we think it is very easy)?

The site was put together on a very tight budget so we know that the graphics are not great.

We think the site works but we are heavily biased. Your feedback will help us to refine the site and make it as user friendly as possible.

Thank you for your help
    Owen

Note: If you want to make a test listing can you clearly mark TEST in the brand box.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Laptop battery is dying so I don't have time for a big post, but one thing I'd suggest is, a 6-step process sounds and looks far too long - it makes the process appear more confusing and long winded.

You can reduce it to 4 just by changing the 4th to "you buy!" or something. It's a complete given that when you buy something online, the company sends you the product and you receive the product, so there's no need to insert these as steps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Extra space at the top could be reduced.

Why should I register?
    Welcome to PenDanDo. Taking the Hassle out of Haggle

Welcome and Thanks for stopping by. We are really excited by PenDanDo and hope you are too!

Ever find yourself spending ages looking for that online purchase at the right price. Jumping from page to page on Google searches, scrolling through endless lists on websites, asking yourself…Is this really the only way?

At PenDanDo we believe there is another way.

At PenDanDo, we do the looking for you and once we find the suppliers, they compete for your business! You can go ahead and place your listing below, or if you would like to register, it only take a few seconds and we will keep you posted. And the best part... PenDanDo is free for Buyers

Talk to you soon,

Owen & Mark @ PenDanDo

Replace that text with a very brief description which conveys your site function in less than 7 seconds. Issue, solution, call to action. Something like: Want to save a load of hassle looking for products, let us handle the legwork, create a listing now! Free for buyers (in a badge graphic). Simplify the how it works as Cianos mentioned and maybe even have a short < 30seconds video which also explains.

The create listing form also needs work for layout and copyrighting. Almost every field has an extra explanation bit in grey, when that should not be needed. Eg. In the Category -> What category best matches your desired product.

Why use a JS function to show the form? Why not a regular link or just have it all on the one page.

List some success stories from customers who saved a shed load of time and hassle.

Is it free for sellers? If not I'd be more up front about there being a small fee per transaction.

Make all email addresses mailtos.

Proofread all your text again for grammar, punctuation and spelling errors. Eg. Once you send through payment we our retailer sends your item directly to you. and (selling tools to builder)

404 page is bad.

Privacy policy says nothing about how you store personal info. Ideally it should be encrypted and do you really need CC info when the payment processor should really be the only one retaining that info?

PayPal only will hurt conversion.

hth/gl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

• What does PenDanDo mean? If the name has nothing to do with your service then it does not help.
    • Purple is not to my taste.
    • I wasn't sure of the meaning of haggle so had to look it up in a dictionary.
    • The heading should be something like "we search the internet for your best price".
    • The font is wrong for a business site. It looks like an essay.
    • The centring of the body text looks amateurish.
    • get rid of the cartoon and the facebook and twitter logos.

Don't Miss Out... Register today!....) You will not stampede people to your site
    Simply enter your email address ... ) by suggesting they will miss out. Look at
    Sign me up ............................... ) commercial sites and see how they do it.

Too much waffle / padding in the text.

Welcome and Thanks for stopping by. We are really excited by PenDanDo and hope you are too! ..... [no need for this. It is padding.]

Ever find yourself spending ages looking for that online purchase at the right price. [No question mark!] Jumping from page to page on Google searches, scrolling through endless lists on websites, asking yourself…Is this really the only way? [Everyone searches for products. There is no need to state it.]

At PenDanDo we believe there is another way.

At PenDanDo, we do the looking for you and once we find the suppliers, they compete for your business! You can go ahead and place your listing below, or if you would like to register, it only take a few seconds and we will keep you posted. And the best part... PenDanDo is free for B buyers

Talk to you soon,

Owen & Mark @ PenDanDo

Fit everything on one screen. I had to scroll down to read it.

My reply might appear cruel, but people will not bother if your site looks amateurish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tydavnet

Hi all,
    Thank you for your feedback.
    We appriciate all the points you brought up.
    We will be appling most of the points you mentioned over the coming days.
    Thanks again for your help
    Owen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I stuck up a listing for testing, yet I have been registered. I very specifically did not register. That's a big no no in my book. There is also option to unregister or unsubscribe in the email which is not acceptable. This is all possibly legally dubious too.

Unacceptable

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement