Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good "specials" butcher around D6?

Options
  • 27-01-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm looking for a butcher that does the special offers like 5 meats for 20euro (1 chicken, some stewing beef, pork chops, mince etc.) around Dublin 6?

I'm trying to feed a family of 5 on a budget so I'm hoping this kind of offer will help us eat a good variety without costing the earth. So ideally a butcher that varies the offer from one week to the next...

We live in D6W so the closer to home the better. I would tend to do big shop in Ald* or L*dl (both Long Mile Road direction) with usually a stop off in D*nnes (Ashleaf) or T*sco (Rathfarnham SC) or S*p*rvalu (Orwell) & I'd also go to F**ney's Fish is Rathfarnham (Barton Rd) so if I could find a good butcher around any of these places it'd be the handiest.

Is the butcher in Ashleaf any good for this kind of thing?

I like the meat from W*lsons in Rathfarnham SC but they seem a bit pricey for us at the moment.

Is the butcher beside the fishmonger in Barton Rd any good? I've noticed they do these specials but always seem to have the same mix on offer...

What about the butcher at Orwell? Any good for this?

Any other ideas for getting good value (i.e. cheap but still good quality?!?) meat around the area?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

If you are in 6W you might as well shop in Tallaght. Good butchers at Dominick's who does family packs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Roola wrote: »
    I'm looking for a butcher that does the special offers like 5 meats for 20euro (1 chicken, some stewing beef, pork chops, mince etc.) around Dublin 6?

I'm trying to feed a family of 5 on a budget so I'm hoping this kind of offer will help us eat a good variety without costing the earth. So ideally a butcher that varies the offer from one week to the next...

We live in D6W so the closer to home the better. I would tend to do big shop in Ald* or L*dl (both Long Mile Road direction) with usually a stop off in D*nnes (Ashleaf) or T*sco (Rathfarnham SC) or S*p*rvalu (Orwell) & I'd also go to F**ney's Fish is Rathfarnham (Barton Rd) so if I could find a good butcher around any of these places it'd be the handiest.

Is the butcher in Ashleaf any good for this kind of thing?

I like the meat from W*lsons in Rathfarnham SC but they seem a bit pricey for us at the moment.

Is the butcher beside the fishmonger in Barton Rd any good? I've noticed they do these specials but always seem to have the same mix on offer...

What about the butcher at Orwell? Any good for this?

Any other ideas for getting good value (i.e. cheap but still good quality?!?) meat around the area?

Thanks in advance!

Try courtney's http://www.courtneyfoodservice.com/ really good meat and always offers on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

irishguy wrote: »
    Try courtney's http://www.courtneyfoodservice.com/ really good meat and always offers on.

i was coming on here to say courtneys, there are up in the kcr industrial estate.
    dont rely on the opening times advertised on their site. the open til 4 op

Advertisement