Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modifing Calf Milk feeder for Lambs?

• 27-01-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

At present I can't find a decent lamb milk feeder for lambs. I don't want an automatic milk feeder as the lambs will be out in the field in the near future.

I have seen JFC calf milk feeders and was wondering whether I could change the teats to suit lambs?

I want one that can hang on a gate, not the ones that are bucket shaped.
    Lambs are now 3 weeks old now!.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

How many lambs will you be feeding?

Would this help? Feeds 10, that may not be enough? No info on price though.

http://www.agrihealth.ie/ProductDetail.ts;jsessionid=305C4EF7A41E9D86331BD6A9D140C5D2?itemCode=06761

EDIT : It seems they only sell to trade. Sorry. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

It seems okey but I would prefer something like the JFC milk feeders for calves as there is a bit more room for each lamb to drink when they get bigger!

So far 6 lambs on artifical milk powder and near the end of lambing.

A milk feeder with 5-10 teats would be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JFC

Hi,

The JFC 10 Teat Calf Feeders can also be fitted with lamb teats on request.

Snip

[No advertising]
    Click on my profile for our website.

Advertisement