Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Deposit

Options
  • 27-01-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi all, I booked a hotel on the 5th on January for a 2 week stay in Ibiza and now I find out that Friends and Family are going to Salou and herself wants to go there instead, so I need to know where I stand on a possible refund of the deposit €240 which is 10% of the total cost.

I have been on the hotel's website and read there T&C's and it does not say that deposits are non refundable, so I should get one correct?

Also when I booked and paid the deposit I used my 3v prepay credit card and I have noticed that in the T&C's it states that the same card MUST be used to pay the balance on arrival, obviously I can not do that as those who have used 3v cards will know.

So do you think that I should get a refund no bother or do I have a little fight on my hands? And what way do I go about getting a refund, do I ask the Hotel (who have very little English) or do I deal with 3v, I would really be grateful for any help or advice, below is a copy of their T&C's.

General terms and conditions of contract

Dear client,

You (henceforth, “the client”) are entering into a contract by making a reservation for tourist accommodation via our on-line reservations service.

The client expressly declares and confirms that the information that he/she entered at the time of making the reservation (name of hotel, number of rooms, check-in date, check-out date, number of people, age of children, etc.) is correct. This information will be included in the voucher that will be generated during the reservation process and, therefore, the client must check the reservation carefully before proceeding to its confirmation.

As a general rule, the price of the reservation includes either the room only, the room with half board or full board, or the room with all inclusive as regards board and drinks (as the "all inclusive" service is explained on the website of each of our hotels that offers this service). As a result of this, the availability and price of special requests (extra bed, cots, disabled rooms, etc.) that cannot be included in the calculation of the on-line reservation price will remain pending confirmation from the hotel.

Likewise, the client declares that the information provided on making the reservation is accurate and complete. Ola Hotels shall not be liable for any consequences that may arise from entering false or incorrect information.

The on-line reservation service is subject to the following general terms and conditions, which the client declares that he/she is aware of, understands and accepts:

The client must be of age and have the necessary legal capacity to contract the services offered via this website. Access to the website is exclusively the responsibility of the users.
    Registering of the client: contracting the services offered via this website requires the user to be registered with the site and the user is responsible for the accuracy of the information that he/she enters during the client registration process. The client undertakes to safeguard the passwords that allow access to the service with all due care. Ola Hotels shall not be liable for any damages produced as a result of the improper use of said information by third parties.
    ]When making an on-line reservation, the client must enter his/her credit card information, from which 10% of the total amount for the reservation will be charged by way of a deposit. Said charge must be made in order for the reservation to be confirmed. The remaining 90% must be paid, in the event of an early booking, at the dates stipulated in the offer, and in the event of a normal booking, on arrival at the hotel, when checking-in.[/COLOR]
    The price of the reservation includes VAT, unless expressly indicated to the contrary. Any other tax, duty or charge that could be accrued as a result of the accommodation will be paid separately at the hotel establishment.
    On arrival at the hotel, the client must provide the voucher generated when the reservation was confirmed, along with the credit card that was used to pay the 10% of the reservation price. If the client fails to do so, the Hotel will not be liable for any mistakes relating to the reservation.
    The reserved room is usually available from 2.00 pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 12.00 pm on the day of departure. The reservation will be guaranteed until 18.00 on the day of arrival and, therefore, if the client anticipates that arrival will be later than 18.00 it would be convenient to inform the hotel of this situation as soon as possible.
    Modification of the reservation: The on-line reservation can be modified at a later date, via email to marketing@olahotels.com. It will be necessary to indicate the reservation tracking number. Any modifications requested will be confirmed in accordance with Ola Hotels’ availability at the time the request is made.
    Cancellation of the reservation: The client may cancel the reservation in writing via email to marketing@olahotels.com, indicating the reservation tracking number. In the event that the cancellation takes place less than 14 days prior to the arrival date at the hotel, or in the event that the client does not check-in to the hotel, Ola Hotels has the right to retain the 10% deposit by way of a penalty and cancel the reservation.
    Ola Hotels may cancel the reservation as a result of causes of force majeure.
    The Hotel reserves the right to retain the amount that it deems appropriate in the event of the client checking-out unexpectedly.
    Offers will only be valid for the period established by Ola Hotels in its advertising.
    Ola Hotels reserves the right to make any modifications it deems appropriate to the general terms and conditions of contract.
    The client undertakes to pay the price of the contracted services, and the presentation of a complaint shall not exempt him/her from this obligation. The client also undertakes to comply with the particular rules of the establishment, to observe the rules of hygiene, courtesy and good manners towards the rest of the clients, and to respect the environment.
    Any complaint that the client does not present directly to the Hotel Management during the stay at said hotel, shall be null and void and will have no effect between the parties.
    The Hotel shall not be liable for any works or construction that could take place around or near the hotel by any neighbour or public administration. However, the Hotel undertakes to take the appropriate steps to ensure compliance with the regulations limiting works in tourist areas during the summer season.
    If one or various clauses indicated in these terms and conditions for contracting are declared totally or partially null and void or without effect, this will only affect said clause or part of the clause declared as such, without the remaining terms and conditions being affected.
    The client accepts that Spanish legislation is applicable to the functioning of this service and expressly submits him/herself to the jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of Palma de Mallorca for the resolution of any possible conflicts that may derive from the interpretation and application of this contract.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The answer is contained in the T&Cs
    Cancellation of the reservation:
    The client may cancel the reservation in writing via email to marketing@olahotels.com, indicating the reservation tracking number. In the event that the cancellation takes place less than 14 days prior to the arrival date at the hotel, or in the event that the client does not check-in to the hotel, Ola Hotels has the right to retain the 10% deposit by way of a penalty and cancel the reservation.

As long as you cancel more than 14 days in advance of the stay, you should get your deposit back. Just follow their procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Dub12Dave

Thanks for your reply, I think that I already knew that, I just wanted somebody to tell me, Thanks again dudara I really appreciate that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

2.5k to stay in a hotel are you bat shít crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,289 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

BTW, the remaining balance didn't have to be paid with the original credit card, that just had to be presented.

It didn't specify anything about how the balance should be paid.

Doesn't matter to you now of course, thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Dub12Dave

It was for 2 Adults and 3 Kida All inclusive, so fairly cheap I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

That's hardly helpful. 2 week stay and you don't know the hotel. Seems like good value to me for four people if it's nice

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's not really relevant to the discussion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I thought the discussion was over, sorry guys.

Advertisement