Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

40 toilet roll/16 kitchen roll pack--20 euro. [Dublin]

• 27-01-2012 4:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Company called the "The toilet roll man" selling large combi packs of kitchen rolls and toilet rolls.

Got 40 x 3 ply toilet rolls and 16 x 3 ply kitchen rolls off him for 20 euro delievered to my house.

I dont know how good or bad of a bargain it is,but I took a chance on it today.

He also sells huge catering boxes or Persil washing powder and liquid,Finish dish washer tablets,Lyons teabags, and variious other household products.:)

Details on post 36
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

How does one get in touch with him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

How does one get in touch with him?

He puts leaflets in the doors each week or 2 with his name,number and company details.

I,ll dig out the leaflet and put his number up,if that is ok with the mods??

Thanks.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

well, its not much use of a thread if you dont :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

paddy147 wrote: »
    Company called the "The toilet roll man" selling large combi packs of kitchen rolls and toilet rolls.

Got 40 x 3 ply toilet rolls and 16 x 3 ply kitchen rolls off him for 20 euro delievered to my house.

I dont know how good or bad of a bargain it is,but I took a chance on it today.

He also sells huge catering boxes or Persil washing powder and liquid,Finish dish washer tablets,Lyons teabags, and variious other household products.:)

You can't beat the 3 Ply how many sheets are on a roll and more importantly how do they feel on the arse?

You can't beat the 3 Ply how many sheets are on a roll and more importantly how do they feel on the arse?

25 meters per toilet roll and nice and comfy.:D

• Advertisement

25 meters per toilet roll and nice and comfy.:D

And how do we avail of this wonderful bargain? Phone number? Website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gar

Hey don't get too 'BOGGED' down on the details of the bargain.

Sorry couldnt resist

Gar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

gar wrote: »
    Hey don't get too 'BOGGED' down on the details of the bargain.

Smells like a smear campaign.

Time to start a dirty protest till we get the contact detail I think.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Even the whereabouts of this deal would be useful...

• Advertisement

Guys,can you give me a bit of time to dig out the leaflet and his contact details please.

Also can you please show some respect and wait till I do or dont get permission to post contact details,from the mods here.

I dont want to get into any trouble here.

Thanks.

PS-Just found the leaflet and contact details.Oh and The "toilet roll man" is in Dublin.

If the leaflet has been distributed then I imagine you'd be free to post the details or a scan/photo of the leaflet on Bargain Alerts.

The only issue would be if you were affiliated with the Toilet Roll man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... PS-Just found the leaflet and contact details.Oh and The "toilet roll man" is in Dublin.
    Time to get the bus up to the smoke and do door-to-door enquiries.

****e bargain mate why bother posting it if you don't even have the details. For that reason I'm out you can flush your leaflet down the jacks for all I care coming on here with a bad attuide like that.

Leaflet with a list of some of the products that he sells.

I have no links to this company,other than buying some stuff from them today.

He says he is updating his list next week,as he is geting more products in from various wholesale suppliers.

****e bargain mate why bother posting it if you don't even have the details. For that reason I'm out you can flush your leaflet down the jacks for all I care coming on here with a bad attuide like that.

Its you with the bad attitude here.

What a fantastic contribution. :rolleyes:

@ paddy147 - Is that a price list on that leaflet? Can you put up another image with the prices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Are there any prices listed on the leaflet? Or a contact number?

This BA is like pulling teeth.

What a fantastic contribution. :rolleyes:

@ paddy147 - Is that a price list on that leaflet? Can you put up another image with the prices?

Will do,I opted for the 16 pack of kitchen roll,that pack is not on the list.

The 24 pack was 2 ply and he even said himslf that it was "ok" kitchen roll but wouldnt be as good as the 16 pack "3 ply" kitchen roll.

So I opted for the 3 ply 16 pack instead.

He has a new updated and bigger list comming out next week.

He has a new updated and bigger list comming out next week.
    I suppose we'll get his contact details & prices then .... maybe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Something stinks about this deal! I've a feeling it could be a real turdburgular of a bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

You can get most of this stuff at top of Meath St near Thomas st..Sellers there are doing the 40 loo rolls for a tenner, the lyons 600 box of tea bags are 13euro....So why not pop in there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

You cut off the number again! Madness

mad m wrote: »
    You can get most of this stuff at top of Meath St near Thomas st..Sellers there are doing the 40 loo rolls for a tenner, the lyons 600 box of tea bags are 13euro....So why not pop in there....

With regards to myself.................................

Cost of a bus in and out of town and the time to walk all the way up to Meath Street.Then trying to carry/bungle that stuff all the way back down to the bus stops at Talbot Street or opposite the Luas/Connolly

Or cost of driving into town (fuel) and then trying to park up on a meter space or multi storey carpark.

Add that all in,and then the unwanted hassle of going all the way into town and then back out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Cost of a bus in and out of town and the time to walk all the way up to Meath Street.Then trying to carry/bungle that stuff all the way back down to the bus stops at Talbot Street or opposite the Luas/Connolly

Or cost of driving into town (fuel) and then trying to park up on a meter space or multi storey carpark.

Add that all in,and then the unwanted hassle of going all the way into town and then back out.

Would there be any chance you'd stop telling us your life story and put up the number? :rolleyes:

Would there be any chance you'd stop telling us your life story and put up the number? :rolleyes:

Not a life story at all.

Simple and real world reply to a post.

I was just getting interested in his autobiography - why interrupt him when he's in full flow; we can clean up after him with kitchen towels - oh wait, we've just run out. :eek:

Post a picture of your scanner we'll show you how to use it. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's in Dublin.
    How am I supposed to get this bargain in the Aran Islands? Does the toilet roll man do delivery?

mathepac wrote: »
    I was just getting interested in his autobiography - why interrupt him when he's in full flow; we can clean up after him with kitchen towels - oh wait, we've just run out. :eek:

Post a picture of your scanner we'll show you how to use it. :rolleyes:

Did I mention that I used a scanner??

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's in Dublin.
    How am I supposed to get this bargain in the Aran Islands? ?

Move to Dublin.:P:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

His number and who he is in the public domain. You can post his details no problem. Otherwise, you are basically gloating about stuff you bought. Can you advise how this is different to other BA alerts with details?

antodeco wrote: »
    His number and who he is in the public domain. You can post his details no problem. Otherwise, you are basically gloating about stuff you bought. Can you advise how this is different to other BA alerts with details?

Are you 100% sure on that?

Reason I ask is,if/when I post a company name or contact details on 1 part of the boards forum,I get accused of having links to the various companies,it gets deleted and I get a warning and infraction and banned for 7 days.:eek::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what a waste of time. why post a bargain alert with no details at all ?

IMO better off going to tesco etc, at the least the toilet roll there will not tear the arse off you. You get what you pay for , and if by some miracle he manages to give some proper details about it, most of these products tun out to be very poor quality.

it's ok if you are buying for a school or restaurant, but i would not be buying for my own bathroom. Just my own experience, after ordering stuff off a similar list to that, was supposed to be some closing down sale, just turned out to be poor quality products.

2smiggy wrote: »
    what a waste of time. why post a bargain alert with no details at all ?

IMO better off going to tesco etc, at the least the toilet roll there will not tear the arse off you. You get what you pay for , and if by some miracle he manages to give some proper details about it, most of these products tun out to be very poor quality.

it's ok if you are buying for a school or restaurant, but i would not be buying for my own bathroom. Just my own experience, after ordering stuff off a similar list to that, was supposed to be some closing down sale, just turned out to be poor quality products.

I dont know what toilet roll you buy/bought down there in Cork,that tears the arse off you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This thread could do with some cleaning, hopefully it will be smooth from here on....
    9axxkl.jpg

• Advertisement

Edit - Cheers Davy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I think the The Toilet Roll Man needs a jingle to advertise his wares.

Did I mention that I used a scanner??
    Sorry, I meant to mention that maybe you should have used one, them aul' picture phones / digital cameras / ESP / telekineticks / Hey Prestos / Abracadabras aren't always great on world-wide net from what I hear.

I think the The Toilet Roll Man needs a jingle to advertise his wares.

To the music of "Jingle Bells"

Our jacks-roll sells when your arse smells
    Our kitchen towels are mighty
    Though not for your hole
    You'll find a roll
    Will leave your kitchen sprightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Infraction for that..

.. I'd like to remind people that Bargain Alerts would be nothing without the members of this forum who post up deals.

If ye go around insulting people who post up bargains, this place will get quiet real fast!

• Advertisement

Thanks to the mods for allowing the number.

Last thing I want or need is to get in trouble again,when I was and am only trying to be helpfull on this forum.

For the record,I have absolutely no links to any of the companies I have mentioned before,apart from being a happy home owner and customer.

Nothing more than that.

Thanks and Regards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

24 cans of Coke for 12 Eur is hardly a bargain, i can get 24 cans of coke in Buy Lo for 8 Eur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

24 cans of Coke for 12 Eur is hardly a bargain, i can get 24 cans of coke in Buy Lo for 8 Eur.

Thanks for changing the subject, This Tread was getting hot and bothered.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Yeah totally understand, I see your going for the cheaper toilet roll, so you don't have any more toilet blockages....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 trelemenele

Not far from Glasnevin Woodies is a bargain shop. It's next bulding after woodies.
    They have 40 x 3 ply toilet rolls for 10 euro and 40 x 2 ply for 8,99. Also 15 kitchen rolls for 10 euro, and decent prices for washing powders, fabric softeners and lots of other stuff.
    Parking free ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Not far from Glasnevin Woodies is a bargain shop. It's next bulding after woodies.
    They have 40 x 3 ply toilet rolls for 10 euro and 40 x 2 ply for 8,99. Also 15 kitchen rolls for 10 euro, and decent prices for washing powders, fabric softeners and lots of other stuff.
    Parking free ;)

They have 2 litres of milk for one euro also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

It's in Dublin.
    How am I supposed to get this bargain in the Aran Islands? Does the toilet roll man do delivery?
    OT
    You live on the Aran Islands?
    /OT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jesus would some of you stop whining? It's a bargain alert to some. You DON'T have to avail of the offers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

vicwatson wrote: »
    Jesus would some of you stop whining? It's a bargain alert to some. You DON'T have to avail of the offers ;)

We couldn't avail of the offers - the OP posted 13 times in the thread before we got the contact details :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Where is Buy Lo?

A taxi driver told me about this man (or someone similar) fairly recently, actually. Sounds great. He goes door to door selling his wares, and apparently makes special trips elsewhere in the country if you pay for delivery. He mentioned someone someone in Wexford got a lot of stuff from him once.

• Advertisement
Advertisement