Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parvo & Distemper

• 27-01-2012 5:21pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this has been posted before, but its just a warning that there have been outbreaks of parvovirus and distemper in Ireland in the past two months.If you have an unvaccinated puppy, keep it inside away from other dogs. If your pup/dog starts having diarrhea/vomiting, please get it straight to the vet. Several pups have already died from these diseases, so please be careful!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Can I please ask where you've heard this? It has been posted on some UK welfare sites about a distemper outbreak in the Midlands over there with the proviso that it has come in from Ireland. However, the Dept of Ag have no knowledge of a distemper outbreak here as far as I'm aware.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

There have been seven cases of parovirus in cork alone in the past two weeks, and there were several reports of distemper before christmas. I suppose the word outbreak might be a little strong, but I just want to put the warning out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Thanks, its just that someone checked with Dept of Ag apparently, after the capital letter posts on the UK sites and were told there had been no reported Distemper cases.

You are completely right, people should be careful at all times, and it does no harm to remind people every now and then:D

Advertisement