Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

website

• 27-01-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

was thinking of getting my own one made up with basic info nothing too fancy jsut pics of stock ...any body done this .costs ..yearly charge etc ..thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Facebook ?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭fusuf

yeah a facebook page would be a better option. its free, easy and theres a better chance someone will see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Facebook is free.

A company 'Moo and Baa' do livestock websites but probably to flash for you.

A cheap looking website will do no good for promoting your stock but if you have anything good it should shine through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

wiggy123 who is on here has his own site for his angus cows, maybe pm him

There is a scheme, giving you everything you need to set up and run a simple website. It's to encourage businesses online. Free to set up and everything free for the first year. Haven't used it, but have heard it being advertised.
    http://www.gettingbusinessonline.ie/index

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

You can get a free website anywhere but if you want or need to get found by the people you want or need then a fully professional website is the only way to go.

If it is just for play use facebook or a free website community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭nilhg

fusuf wrote: »
    yeah a facebook page would be a better option. its free, easy and theres a better chance someone will see it
    pakalasa wrote: »
    Facebook ?

Not everyone is on facebook and tying yourself to them for something that might be commercial doesn't seem sensible to me, sure companies have a presence on there but most of them have their own websites as well.

For the OP, he could try something like wix.com or google sites but I'd suggest having a look at getting some hosting and using wordpress, it might sound daunting at the start but there's a world of information out there to help new users get up and running.

My own site is on wordpress, the hosting package comes with my broadband and the domain name costs round about €30 a year IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

sorry want something proper not free as i know a few and they update that reg and its all old info etc.....ps that site looks good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

i did up me own website.. for free.. meself..can add stuff anytime to it..
    if want info etc..pm me jerdee
    here's its link
    http://dunnamor.synthasite.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

thanks wiggy. I Will pm you in am

• Advertisement
Advertisement