Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sales rep job

• 27-01-2012 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what these jobs are like as I have never done this before and might be getting one.

I am based in Dublin

The job
    If you draw a line between Dublin and Galway everything above that is where I will bw working, it wont be cold calling , it will be caliing on existing customs of the company.

It will be a salary plus commission + a van

any info about this type of job would be great

nige

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

Have you any sales experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

More detail required to give any sort of answer - are you selling to consumers or businesses ? What type of products or service ? etc , etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Make sure you are being paid a salary.

Many of these companies are glorified pyramid schemes - scams, in essence.

Now wait as their internet representatives flood this page with defences and justifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭bob the bob

Still possible to cold call existing customers IMO so don't expect a walk in the park.

Had new windows on my house a year ago, they call me every few months to tell me they do extensions too and would I like one? They are not like to have a high success rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Sales is quite easy and enjoyable if you believe in the product.

For example, imagine working in a Ferrari sales room. You would love talking about the product, would radiate excitement when dealing with customers, and in general would really enjoy your job.

But the opposite is true when you think (rightly or wrongly) the product is ****. So you really need to get into the right mental state about your product so you really believe in it. This will make your job much, much easier.

You are also far more likely to be successful at your job if people like you. As they say in sales, people buy from people... So make sure you come across as a decent, friendly, genuine person. Reading books like "How to win friends and influence people" can help you with this.

Sales is not for everyone, but if you like it you can make a lot of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nige

If will be selling to existing business customers , it is for hardware shops locks , safes padlock door handles key cutting machines and the blank keys etc.
    The clients are buying from them at the moment, they used to have a rep on the road but with the recession let them go as there was not much business coming from this area, but for the last 6 months business is picking back up in this part of the country so they need a rep again

only sales experience I have is in the travel trade industry , holidays etc.

Yes it is a salary plus commission on sales

Advertisement