Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank a post

Options
  • 27-01-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

How do I give a thanks to a post?
    I'll look like a bit of a dweeb if I just quote to say thanks, and i can see people doing it elsewhere...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

You need to have a minimum number of posts (10, i think) before the thanks button is visible to you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Also, not all fora have a thanks button.
    It's a thumb up icon on the bottom right of each post - close to the quote button.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Sister Assumpta

Aha, ok thanks guys

"thanks from sister assumpta":pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Dub12Dave

On a similar theme, when you ask a question and you get a reply what is the correct way to acknowledge the reply, by pressing Thanks or actually posting a reply or both. :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Whichever way you feel suits. Some press the 'Thanks' button as a way of saying "I agree with that", whereas others would say thanks on the thread and add their own little bit as well.
    Dub12Dave wrote: »
    On a similar theme, when you ask a question and you get a reply what is the correct way to acknowledge the reply, by pressing Thanks or actually posting a reply or both. :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement