Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birds outside my house

• 27-01-2012 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭

Folks, not sure that there is much I can but here it goes

Last summer 2 magpie Birds build a nest outside my house about 10feet from my bedroom window, and every morning from 4/5am they would be singing and wrecking my head, waking me, my wife and the baby up. and GUESS WHAT ?? there back....

The nest is right at the top of the tree ( about the height of a 2story house ) and there awake early again singing etc.
    is there anything I can do or contact somebody to remove them ? I know there wildbirds and should be left alone..but there making me lose my sleep and its so annoying !!

any suggestions ? besides cutting and burning my tree down of course ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

A humane way... wreck the nest...

A farmers way... well I'm sure I dont need to say!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I would keep disrupting the nest before they finish building. A set of chimney/drain rods should do the job. Maybe leave the chimney brush on the end to scare them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

You could top the tree and trim it back to discourage them from nesting there, obviously best before they finish making the nest and laying eggs. There's still plenty of tree for other birds but maybe ..not sure..magpies like to build from a certain height try asking on a bird forum bound to be some other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Magpies are a Pain in the arse, larson trap

Advertisement