Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High Shoes/Party Feet

• 27-01-2012 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Going to a dinner thing next week and I have to high shoes with the dress I am wearing, its also an occasion where my usual flat shoes wouldnt really be acceptable, I found a lovely pair of high shoes in New Look but they are fairly high and Im not great in high shoes! Are the party feet gel pads that you can buy actually any good?? I would consider getting them if they are..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Achtung!

meant to put this in the fashion section, :( sorry! feel free to move it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I personally didn't find those gel pads much good in sandals/courts, I found them OK in boots on the ball of my foot, but they do slip (in my experience anyway).

I've heard before if you get a numbing spray and spray it on your feet before you go out, it should last all night and you obviously won't feel anything until it wears off. I'm not sure if there is a specific one you can get for this purpose, but I'm guessing there isn't and just any numbing spray will do.

With a numbing spray I would be worried if you fell and injured yourself because if you can't feel anything you could do more damage.

You could try a cushioned/padded insole inside the shoes though, maybe wear them around the house for a while before hand and see how it feels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I don't find those pad/insert things any good. If you have time wear your heels for an hour or two each day, slowly building up the time over the week to get your foot used to the shape. I really think training your feet like this is the only way to ensure they won't hurt on the actual evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I've heard before if you get a numbing spray and spray it on your feet before you go out, it should last all night and you obviously won't feel anything until it wears off.

:eek: This exists?

Are high shoes really worth it?!

Nothing has ever worked for me anyway.

Advertisement