Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband - Wifi problems

Options
  • 27-01-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Please send me to the correct area, if Im wrong to be here......

The problem Im recurringly having is that the signal gets lost - a message appears on screen no connection. When Windows Diagnostic runs to diagnose problems, it mentions network adaptor needs to be reset, and continues to do so EVERY time, and when it's completed the screen reads two things:
    1. A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken - Detected!
    2. Problem with wireless adapter or access point - Fixed.

This is an ongoing problem Ive had with this laptop for years. PC World fixed it for me once upon a time, and was working fine since that, however when the HD failed last year, and was replaced the problem has returned.

Is there anyway I can reset this myself (following online instructions of course;)), as Id rather not travel to get it fixed, nor want to be without it for weeks again.

Many thanks for any ideas.:(

Advertisement