Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed on Semi-auto shotgun

Options
  • 27-01-2012 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi All
    Looking for some guidance on what kind of money to pay for a second hand (but in very good condition)semi automatic shotgun. Purpose for rough shooting . Already have an O/U. Looking at two in particular i have read up about are the Browning Gold and the Remington 1100.
    Is 500euro a reasonable budget.

Regards
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Any Beretta ,301, 303, 390, 391 plenty of them about. I shoot with a 391 urika which I bought second hand 5 years ago.

Even older Benellis, anything from €500 upwards. €800 was what I paid for the 391 urika

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Bought a very clean 391 urika last month for €850, love it, but can't compare it to anything

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

Thanks Guys. Had a word with the old man and he is telling me the same as you that the beretta is the way to go. He had the remington 1100 years ago and says the berretta is a far better work horse.
    So it seems the 391 is the most popular model.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Peter, a mate of mine was in Country Lifestyle in Mallow today and seen a Beretta Semi auto for 600 pre-owned. He didn't get the model but it would be worth looking into if your after an Beretta.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dclarke1977

bought a second browning gold about eight years never gave a minutes trouble still using it weekly my brother recently bought one and paid 600 euro for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I got a Remington 1196 bout six months ago second hand for 600. Very reliable so far, lovely and light too. Guy in shop said they rare enough

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

Hunter21 wrote: »
    Peter, a mate of mine was in Country Lifestyle in Mallow today and seen a Beretta Semi auto for 600 pre-owned. He didn't get the model but it would be worth looking into if your after an Beretta.
    Hi Hunter
    Thanks mate i am just back from holidays and have just left a message with country lifestyle.
    Peter

Advertisement