Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What remaining broadcasters have English Commentary for Premier League Football

• 27-01-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭

I was searching around and it seems the EPL are really clamoing down on foreign satellite showing premier league games. I seen that English comm is removed from Sky Italia, Viasat is gone completely.

So I was just wondering does anyone have a list of what actually remains that shows 3 pm games with English commentary?

Is Tring still available, and cyfra, and canal? Do these show 3 pm games and are they in English?

I read the guide at the top of this forum where Pal suggests ART, but that was back in 2006, so I presume its outdated?

Please give me a list and recommend which one you think is the best option. I want to get a setup going.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Cyfra show a 3pm game but it is not in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Sport TV Liga Inglesa HD on Hispasat 30w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Nova, tring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Thanks for the responses

How much is SportTV Liga Inglesa for the year excollier? How big of a satellite would I need and is it in English?

Im interested in Tring, but heard the picture isnt great, so how bad is it? And Is there all English commentary?

Please answer the questions if you can, or I'll probably just end up asking the same ones again,

Thanks

Thanks for the responses

How much is SportTV Liga Inglesa for the year excollier? How big of a satellite would I need and is it in English?

Im interested in Tring, but heard the picture isnt great, so how bad is it? And Is there all English commentary?

Please answer the questions if you can, or I'll probably just end up asking the same ones again,

Thanks
    The card often dont show some games *due to the modality of signal* according to them, the picture is awful but the commentary is in english. They are testing a HD channel which is pretty much SD quality.

• Advertisement

excollier wrote: »
    Sport TV Liga Inglesa HD on Hispasat 30w
    deffinately english commentary?

According to redout on this page, it has English commentary (6th post down)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054876132&page=25

Id love to know how much it costs though, and the satelite size required..

Its on the Meo package and when you google it you only get talk about CS !

Well maybe thats how people are getting it!

There must be somewhere on its site where its says how to buy and how much it is. I put it through google translate but had no luck finding out. Heres the site:
    http://www.sporttv.pt/ligainglesa.asp

Its broadcast from portugal so I'd imagine a 100cm or so would be required

If your still interested shblob I think this is the card, they can be bought here:

http://www.digicams-uk.com/category41_4.htm

http://www.creativesatellite.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d177_TV_Cabo_Portugal_Official_Cards.html

Its called TV Cabo, I think thats the one

• Advertisement

Would one of you be able to answer a question, I want to get a satellite that will allow me to receive Sky Germany and Sky Italy. Considering I'm in Mayo, the west of Ireland.

I was reading on here, one guy said that for mid west, a 90-95cm dish would be needed.

Would I get away with this 88cm dish, or should I definately gor for a 90-95cm?

http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/antennen-triax/triax-tds-88-stahl-antenne.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

A 88cm is more than ok for hotbird/Astra1 for those packages.

Yep the Triax 88 is a great dish

ok cheers guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Would I get away with this 88cm dish, or should I definately gor for a 90-95cm?

http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/antennen-triax/triax-tds-88-stahl-antenne.html
    Get this dish instead
    http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/antennen-gibertini/gibertini-alu-antenne-85-cm.html
    Its aluminium ,so lighter,wont rust,is better built and has better options for multi lnb.
    Performance should be similar.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've my TD110 quite a few years now, and it's still not showing any signs of rusting despite my proximity to the sea.

Also, an aluminium dish would have a lower windload tolerance than the likes of a TD88. Bracketry would still be galvanised steel. Dunno about the difference in multi-LNB config though.

Snaps, you say its more than ok, so would I get away with a 80cm then or what would be the recommended size?

is 90cm overkill?

A TD88 would be more than ok for Hotbird/Astra reception. If you wanted Astra 2 (28 east) as well i would recommend a larger dish then. If you can though bigger is always better, apart from using a large fixed dish for 1 position like 28 east as its very strong. I used to find stronger reception on 28 east off my fixed 75cm compared to my 1.1m when it was motorised.

Keep the dish as low and sheltered as you can, dish doesn't need to be high up, i have my dishes about 1.5m off the ground in sheltered positions, makes them less prone to the wind and elements and a lot easier to maintain!!!

Zardoz wrote: »
    Get this dish instead
    http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/antennen-gibertini/gibertini-alu-antenne-85-cm.html
    Its aluminium ,so lighter,wont rust,is better built and has better options for multi lnb.
    Performance should be similar.

I have the 75cm version and the 1.1m version of this dish.

I'm using the 1.1m now for fixed (Done away with motor as needed it to feed 3 receivers) I've Lnbs on for 13, 16, 19, 23, 28, its centered on 19 east at present. Ive 5 sky MK4 quads on each position giving 75%+ signal minimum on all transponders. Some hotbird and Astra 2 signal levels are very high (High 90's and even new Astra 1N transponders are 100%). I find the MK4 quads great for offset position's but they dont perform well as prime focus lnbs as they are not really designed for non sky oval dishes. I use them as i had them and couldnt justify the cost of buying 5 or 6 new quad LNBs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Thanks for the responses

Thanks

Sport TV Liga Inglesa has lost the English commentary now, pre match and half time analysis in English though. Fantastic HD picture.
    You only need a 75-80 cm dish for Hispasat C at 30w, (in Donegal, working perfectly in heavy rain), very strong signal.
    Google for Zon / TV Cabo packages for a price, I'm not sure how much they cost, but I am absolutely certain about the dish size you will need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Digital + on 19 e has English commentary

Cheers for the heads up zardox, I might get the Gilbertini 85cm so

I might be aswell to get the same set as you snaps, I was just gonna get 13E 19E 28.2E but I may be aswell to add in 16E 23E and futureproof it, if the 85 dish is big enough, otherwise i'll stick to the original idea
    snaps wrote: »
    Keep the dish as low and sheltered as you can, dish doesn't need to be high up, i have my dishes about 1.5m off the ground in sheltered positions, makes them less prone to the wind and elements and a lot easier to maintain!!!

So that rules out putting it on the roof then, I was thinking about taking down the sky minidish, and putting up the 85cm instead, and putting a lnb for 28.2E

I'll check that out, cheers fish fingers

Cheers for the heads up zardox, I might get the Gilbertini 85cm so

I might be aswell to get the same set as you snaps, I was just gonna get 13E 19E 28.2E but I may be aswell to add in 16E 23E and futureproof it, if the 85 dish is big enough, otherwise i'll stick to the original idea
    Yes you should have no bother putting 16e and 23e on there .
    You will need the Gibertini multi lnb holder that has 3 degree spacing (narrow holders ) though .
    You will also need a slim lnb on 16e ,perhaps an Alps or Sharp .

I've read reports that the performance of the Gib 85 is similar to that of cheap 1m dishes.
    I had a 1m Gibertini before and it was a fine dish .
    I'm using the 1.1m now for fixed (Done away with motor as needed it to feed 3 receivers) I've Lnbs on for 13, 16, 19, 23, 28, its centered on 19 east at present.
    5 quads is a bit of weight.
    Have you any problems with the wind causing the lnb arm to wobble ?

5 quads is a bit of weight.
    Have you any problems with the wind causing the lnb arm to wobble ?

One reason why it is sitting behind my shed approx 1-1.5m off the ground. Sometimes in swirly wind i get a few problems but so far so good. Just a little worried about the summer months when the kids will be playing in the garden and there is risk of damage by kids toys/balls. It survived a knock by the young lads slide just before christmas during the storms (28 east lnb bent inwards)

It would be hard to fit lnbs in at 3 degree spacing on a dish smaller than 1m as the spacing is much closer together than on a larger 1-1.2m dish. Sky MK4 quads are slimmer due to their ovalish shape.

One reason why it is sitting behind my shed approx 1-1.5m off the ground. Sometimes in swirly wind i get a few problems but so far so good. Just a little worried about the summer months when the kids will be playing in the garden and there is risk of damage by kids toys/balls. It survived a knock by the young lads slide just before christmas during the storms (28 east lnb bent inwards)

It would be hard to fit lnbs in at 3 degree spacing on a dish smaller than 1m as the spacing is much closer together than on a larger 1-1.2m dish. Sky MK4 quads are slimmer due to their ovalish shape.

You have the dish low enough so .
    I have no kids to worry about but plenty of dogs that like to chew stuff.:)

Interesting about the MK4 quads ,they are good performers allright.
    I know a guy who uses them on his T90 dish.
    They are fairy wide at the back though as the 4 lnb connectors are in a line unlike other quads that have 2 rows of 2 connectors.

Interesting about the MK4 quads ,they are good performers allright.
    I know a guy who uses them on his T90 dish.
    They are fairy wide at the back though as the 4 lnb connectors are in a line unlike other quads that have 2 rows of 2 connectors.

They seem ok when they are used as offset lnbs (E.g not slap bang in the middle of a dishes prime focus)

They seem ok when they are used as offset lnbs (E.g not slap bang in the middle of a dishes prime focus)
    I have one on a 60cm dish pointed at 28e.
    Cant fault it,excellent reception all year round .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Just wanted to see if anyone had updated news on this i.e. what euro providers will offer live EPL with english commentary next season?

If not, are there any packages that may be a little bit out of range - that will have english commentary included ( have a buddy living in Romania who would be keen to get tv setup for epl for next season).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭iba

Just wanted to see if anyone had updated news on this i.e. what euro providers will offer live EPL with english commentary next season?

If not, are there any packages that may be a little bit out of range - that will have english commentary included ( have a buddy living in Romania who would be keen to get tv setup for epl for next season).

So this is for someone in Romania, not in Ireland?

If it has to be in English ADMC IPTV - dont know of any other English language ones except Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

As Iba says, the only English commentary that will be available anywhere in Europe outside of the UK & Ireland will maybe be whoever screens the EPL in the Middle East.

In Romania you might get a chance of picking up the signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

iba wrote: »
    So this is for someone in Romania, not in Ireland

Both. I'm in IE - so also interested in sorting something out for myself.
    iba wrote: »
    If it has to be in English ADMC IPTV
    Was aware of the iptv service but was looking for a satellite based solution. In any event, it remains to be seen whether this will be an option next season...as most likely admc don't have access to the epl.
    Manc-Red wrote:
    In Romania you might get a chance of picking up the signal.
    He can't receive the current ADMC signal...i doubt al jaz will be any better when they take over ...assuming they are taking over...as there has been no official confirmation from them on that.

Are there no other options? What about digiturk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Was aware of the iptv service but was looking for a satellite based solution. In any event, it remains to be seen whether this will be an option next season...as most likely admc don't have access to the epl.

He can't receive the current ADMC signal...i doubt al jaz will be any better when they take over ...assuming they are taking over...as there has been no official confirmation from them on that.

Forgot about Digiturk now in fairness - that had EPL in SD with English this season.

Unsure if they've gotten the rights again for the next 3 seasons though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭iba

A lot of peoplle us Cyfra or I think its called NC now - Polish Sat. But its in Polich. Big thread here somewhere that GB Cullen started

Advertisement