Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Fantasy Sale

• 27-01-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

Just incase anyone missed it, there's a good sale on Final Fantasy games on psn at the moment :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Seen it, bargains :) gonna get 7,8, and 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

cloud493 wrote: »
    Seen it, bargains :) gonna get 7,8, and 9.

how much is ff7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

how much is ff7?
    4.99, 4.49 if you're a playstation plus member.

£4 for me :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

cloud493 wrote: »
    £4 for me :D

£4 = approx. E4.76 which is dearer than what they cost me. :D

• Advertisement

Well.... yay for both of us getting them half price anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Think I might have to take the plunge and get one of them. Loved 7, only ever played a very very small amount of 8 in a friends house years and years ago and never really seen much of 9.

Leaning towards getting 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

anyone with a uk account, Currys have £35 PSN cards for €35, seen them in swords and blanch stores.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Think I might have to take the plunge and get one of them. Loved 7, only ever played a very very small amount of 8 in a friends house years and years ago and never really seen much of 9.

Leaning towards getting 9.

You should get it, 9 is one of my favourites.

anyone with a uk account, Currys have £35 PSN cards for €35, seen them in swords and blanch stores.

Cheers, that'll do me right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Did anyone else know there was 2 player on FFIX, you could set which party member was controlled by which controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Varik wrote: »
    Did anyone else know there was 2 player on FFIX, you could set which party member was controlled by which controller.

Yup, it had 2 player on the back of the original box. Couldn't see it working to be honest. Why use a second pad when it could be over an hour between chances to use it?

RedXIV wrote: »
    Why use a second pad when it could be over an hour between chances to use it?

How do you figure that length of time.

was thinking when you head to lindblum for the festival of the hunt, lots of scripted scenes, followed by safe exploration of a town, followed by a 15 min festival where zidane fights alone. could easily push an hour to someone playing the first time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Avoid the PS1 FF4, 5 and 6. Really awful ports.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Got 6 but 5 is free in a week so no reason not to and it's the psp version of 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Is IX any good? I picked up VII last week and have VIII on disc somewhere but if IX is cheap I'm tempted to pick it up. I like these games if they're accessable and not overly complicated, if that makes sense. Put another way I like VII and dislike VIII.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Is IX any good? I picked up VII last week and have VIII on disc somewhere but if IX is cheap I'm tempted to pick it up. I like these games if they're accessable and not overly complicated, if that makes sense. Put another way I like VII and dislike VIII.

IX is probably the best of the PS1 era, and thats from someone who loved VII. Its fun, has a great battle system, interesting characters/places and progresses really well. I'd recommend it to anyone as their first final fantasy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Varik wrote: »
    Got 6 but 5 is free in a week so no reason not to and it's the psp version of 4.

How will 5 be free, got 7 & 8 , even though ive mint retail copies, tempted to get 9 also. But ill never get around to playing them. Its only for nostalgia im getting them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

5 is free for PSN+ members from 8th Feb, apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

tonydude wrote: »
    How will 5 be free, got 7 & 8 , even though ive mint retail copies, tempted to get 9 also. But ill never get around to playing them. Its only for nostalgia im getting them

Get 9 just for the opening theme music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Get 9 just for the opening theme music.

Lol might do , 8 has a great opening scene

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Retr0gamer wrote: »

What's wrong with the FFVI port? I'm playing it now and it seems fine.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's load times before every fight that drag the whole game out and kill the pace of the game. To top it off there's a timed section halfway through the game that is important to do if you don't want a character killed off. The timer counts down during this section during the load times before and after each fight and makes this section near impossible. Then there's the wonderful soundtrack sounding a bit off. And lastly they're the PAL versions of the games so the entire game is slowed down and has borders on the top and bottom of the screen that squash the image. The same load time and music issues are in FF4-6 while the PAL issue is in all the PS1 FF games. You'll be better off getting FF7,8 and 9 on the US PSN.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

That's a bit of a shame. I didn't notice the music sounding off to be honest. You'd think they could have fixed it with the newer hardware. Didn't think getting them of the US PSN was an option. I've just went and splurged on PAL versions of the lot.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

When does the sale end? Won't have a PS3 until Sunday and I have VII already. Have VIII and IX on disc but would like them to work on the PSP (and eventually the Vita)

Still on now is it not?

Advertisement