Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any new PVP toys in 4.3?

Options
  • 27-01-2012 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I've been out of the game since last July. Has any new PVP goodness or changes come in 4.3? I know the whole Deathwing thing, but I honestly could care less about raiding. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Rogues got Legendary daggers, and are capable of taking down a lot of people in under 5 seconds.
    Mages can still do 60k+ burst in a deep freeze.
    Blood DK's/Prot Warriors are doing more damage than their dps specs.
    Healers are still capable of tanking 2-3 dps despite a buff to Mortal Strike effects for Warrs/Rogues/Hunters.

Do not come back for the PvP honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

I thought you were joking bout the rogues till i googled, those daggers are insane! What were they thinking?

Silly stats, one of my mains is a rogue and id clean house with them, waaaay too OP..

Heh bloods and prots out dpsing their dps counter part, its like they couldnt give a **** about balance anymore..

PvP balance has gone out the window really.

Some would argue that it's balanced at the highest rating in 3v3, but let's face it, that's a tiny minority of the playerbase and the best Arena players around. And of course the daggers are becoming more available now.

Example of the Legendary Daggers in a burst scenario

and an example of an Arms Warrior vs a Blood Death Knight.

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=208807

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I guess it's SNAFU then?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

4k resilience is last seasons honour gear
    and they are legendaries - they are not that easy to get.
    prot specs being op - vengeance nerf in patch next week.

• Advertisement

The daggers are very easy to get, my rogue is due to get them by the end of Feb. It takes maybe 2-3 months of 25 mans to complete the full questline, so many many people are getting them now.
    Legendary or not, combined with heroic Vial, no player should be capable of taking out another player that fast.

I'll have a video up of my Prot Warrior, with 4.9k resi, getting down in under 8 seconds by a Rogue with those daggers.

Vengeance is a needed nerf, but it's actually over-doing it as is typical with Blizzard with Cata.

The situation isn't as doom and gloom as people make it. Since I'm not actually back in the game yet (another week, *sigh*), I've been prowling the various forums and YouTube channels. What I've found on them is that newbies still want everything and anything nerfed and buffed in equal amounts.

My own guild reports that our premades handily trash Horde in random battlegrounds without much difficulty, and rated battlegrounds remain about the same: gear, spec and experience and still secondary to good communication and teamwork.

Arenas, I need to come back and play to get a feel for, but I'm told that restoration Shaman are as powerful and versatile as always, hurrah!

I'm excited about the idea of coming back into PVP game - season 10 was my first serious PVP season and I hit a 1900/2000 rating in 2's and 3's. My goal for this coming season is to break 2.2k in all brackets.

I've kicked around the idea of a PVP podcast for a while. Any interest?

Fenster wrote: »
    The situation isn't as doom and gloom as people make it. Since I'm not actually back in the game yet (another week, *sigh*), I've been prowling the various forums and YouTube channels. What I've found on them is that newbies still want everything and anything nerfed and buffed in equal amounts.

My own guild reports that our premades handily trash Horde in random battlegrounds without much difficulty, and rated battlegrounds remain about the same: gear, spec and experience and still secondary to good communication and teamwork.

Arenas, I need to come back and play to get a feel for, but I'm told that restoration Shaman are as powerful and versatile as always, hurrah!

I'm excited about the idea of coming back into PVP game - season 10 was my first serious PVP season and I hit a 1900/2000 rating in 2's and 3's. My goal for this coming season is to break 2.2k in all brackets.

I've kicked around the idea of a PVP podcast for a while. Any interest?

My one comment on this is that, well, if your guild is running Premades and isn't destroying the opposite team, then something is very wrong :pac:

Sonics2k wrote: »
    My one comment on this is that, well, if your guild is running Premades and isn't destroying the opposite team, then something is very wrong :pac:

I spent a good eight hours in battlegrounds today, both solo and teamed. It hasn't really changed. My gear's way under the par, but I can still run rings around most players. Evade, heal, LOS, heal, Hex, heal. That was quite fun.

Advertisement