Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home cinema system and new led tv

• 27-01-2012 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi I hope someone can help as I am lost.

I bought a 42 inch led hd toshiba tv today.

Also got a Philips surround sound home cinema system.
    Model is HTS2500

I can connect the speakers to the system itself but other than that all I got was one yellow cable for audio? There is no scart lead connector or cables. So I am totally clueless on how to connect it to my tv.
    I also need to buy another cable to get picture?

Sorry for the totally blonde questions but can anyone advise in what else I need to buy.

Fathoms me why you would not receive the cable to allow you view a DVD ect.

Also can you hook this up to a chorus/UPC box and to the tv

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,122 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Looking at the specs of the HTS2500, It looks like you would want to connect it to to the TV via the component video outputs, for which you would need to buy the cables. You could just use the composite video cable that came with the system.

Check out the quick start guide for your device: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts2500_05/hts2500_05_qsg_eng.pdf

Component gives a better picture quality than composite, so of course Philips supply you with the inferior one. if you want to pass audio along to the TV, you would also need a pair of audio leads - which sometimes come with component leads.

For future reference - don't buy a system that doesn't have an HDMI cable capability.

All of this assumes the TV has inputs for these cable types.

If you want to be able to hear the sound from TV channels/chorus over the system, your TV will need a couple audio output sockets which you would connect to the aux input of the system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭jonevin

Thanks very much, my tv has the capacity to plug these type of cables in must head out and buy some of the red and white ones.

Thanks very much for your help

Advertisement