Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ideas for a famil day out?

Options
  • 27-01-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Any ideas for a family day out? Two parents and two year old boy. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Zoo? Wrap up warm? Or the Sea life centre in Bray?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

What area of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

What area of the country?
    Dublin.

Being working 60 - 75 hour weeks. Decided to make the most of tomorrow.

Thanks for advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Tayto Park is always fun for the iccle ones :) not too far away bout 25-30 minute drive

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fitz265

the ring of kerry drive on a nice day apsalutly spectacular, south cork places like bantry and crosshaven beutiful spots, clonakilty in cork a bebtiful proud clean family friendly village, the lakes of killarney in kerry and a drive up molls gap down trew the nlack valley trew the gap of donloe kate kearneys cottage horse and trap rides another nice day. well there some of my ideas best off luck

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A trip to the phoenix park.(farmleigh,the zoo,Ducks)
    A trip to the beach obviously with wellies and rain gear!
    Imaginarium in Sandyford. I have never been there but can not wait to bring the girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

going to link to David Coleman from yesterdays indo - great ideas:

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/parenting/its-time-to-shake-things-up-a-little-3003294.html
    6. Go to an art gallery

I'm not very artistic nor do I get excited by old masters but I have found that whenever I have gone to an art gallery I have discovered at least one painting that I love.

Art is one of those fundamentally human activities that truly differentiates us from other animals.

Creating and appreciating art is a true expression of human evolution. So this year I intend to bring my children to at least one gallery and just let them enjoy whatever picture grabs their fancy.

Of course I can't get away from being a psychologist and I know that when I am talking to them about what we've seen I'll be looking to see what their choices say about their inner world. You have to pity them: it's not easy living with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

There's always the Dublin Event Guide:

http://www.dublineventguide.com/blog/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

Imaginosity is great (but i found pricey)
    NAC
    Loads of Parks around - Phoenix Park, St Annes Park - Cabinteely park has a great playground
    Hell Fire Club and Knocksink wood are great for a walk - stick LO up on yer shoulders
    The beach
    Natural History Museum
    National Museum of art - have area in here for drawing with kids
    The Zoo

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Aquarium in Bray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

rambutman wrote: »
    Imaginosity is great (but i found pricey)
    We went here. Not bad. Something to do. Thanks to all. who replied.

Advertisement