Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odessa as a venue/club?

Options
  • 27-01-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Anyone been to Odessa (the restaurant on Dame Ct.) recently? It seems like they got rid of that poncy Media Only Members Club and have made it a bar or club or something.

One look at the website says that Ollie Cole from Turn plays there every Saturday!? On a roof bar?! And something about The Jimmy Cake too?

It sounds cool but it could easily be a lame attempt to sell 8 euro cocktails and charge people admission in.

Anyone? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Place should have died an immediate death with the celtic tiger, I hope they never get anyone that might tempt me to approach the place.
    I doubt it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Awww ... can they not afford to be elitist now there's less disposable income going around ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I went to a few of the gigs they had on last year. Jape, David Kitt, Karrie and Mick Flannery. They were on in a small bar on the top floor, very small venue, bar in the corner, few couches and a small band area - intimate and very relaxed. I'd recommend it.

Advertisement