Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far a walk?

Options
  • 27-01-2012 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    How far a walk is it from McDonagh's chip shop to the Gourmet Tart in Salthill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Less than 2km, I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

seligehgit wrote: »
    Hi guys
    How far a walk is it from McDonagh's chip shop to the Gourmet Tart in Salthill?

google says 3.6km

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Food crawl? :D

20-25 min walk(ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

inisboffin wrote: »
    Food crawl? :D

20-25 min walk(ish)
    No first date!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

No first date!!!

take a taxi ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

take a taxi ffs

Why take a taxi if she was to be told it was only gonna be a 5/10 min walk, she didn't know how far away it was. Hence she asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

20 minutes at a leisurely pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Get one of them chats that goes round the city centre looks a bit like a carraige!! :D:D

She'll be well-impressed then! ;) You'll be on yer way to Date No. 2! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Get one of them chats that goes round the city centre looks a bit like a carraige!! :D:D

She'll be well-impressed then! ;) You'll be on yer way to Date No. 2! :D
    Hahaha, haven't heard that word since i was 13!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

No first date!!!

At least half an hour at a nice, romantic slow pace, assuming the weather is favourable - you might as well go via the prom - 'twill definitely work up an appetite for the dessert.
    If you're going for a drink in Salthill while you're at it, I'd recommend O'Connor's. Nice open fire and the unique decor in the place will make it easy to avoid any awkward gaps in the conversation.
    It sounds like a lovely first date anyway!
    Actually... if they fall through, can I come instead? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I wonder how the Date went?!
    :D:)

Today was really yucky and rainy out the county anyway, don't know about the city. Would have been kinda crappy weather for a stroll-about. :/

Suggestions for a Second Date anyone? Where should they go next pending 2nd Date? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'd guess they haven't had it yet, given that it was 22:30 when the OP posted the question yesterday.

Advertisement