Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pub to bring tourists to

Options
  • 28-01-2012 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I studied abroad last year and we're having a mini reunion in Dublin tomorrow. I was wondering if anybody can recommend a fun pub in the city centre for a group of Irish and international students? We went to The Globe the last time which was brilliant craic, so we want to try somewhere different that's in the same sort of vein as The Globe. All suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

twiggle wrote: »
    I studied abroad last year and we're having a mini reunion in Dublin tomorrow. I was wondering if anybody can recommend a fun pub in the city centre for a group of Irish and international students? We went to The Globe the last time which was brilliant craic, so we want to try somewhere different that's in the same sort of vein as The Globe. All suggestions greatly appreciated!

Do the literary pub crawl. Good fun, goes to the Bailey, the duke, o'neills, old stand etc. Not expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fitz265

cooperfaced jacks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 twiggle

Ohhhhh no, thanks for the suggestion, but I'm in college in Dublin and I absolutely hate Coppers!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NomadicMe

Some good traditional sorta pubs:
    - O'Donoghues- play trad music sometimes
    - Keoghs
    - Grogans

Along the lines of The Globe:
    - Hogans
    - Market Bar, maybe- no music though

Some others- Whelans, The Village, Anseo- always good choices along Wexford Street.
    Enjoy your night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 twiggle

Some great suggestions there, will definitely check some of them out. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The Ginger Man
    The Stags Head
    The Long Haul

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Slydice wrote: »
    ... The Long Haul
    The Long Hall or they won't find it ;) and then it will be a Long Haul

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

twiggle wrote: »

Messers maguires
    Porterhouse
    Against the grain
    Bull and castle
    Any of these for variety of drinks.

Dice bar
    Sin e
    Bar 6
    Pifko
    Fibbers rock bar

Great pubs in smithfield north quays area for something different. Great vibe.

Mcgrattans in the lane is a fantastic bar.

Anyone tried the new inn on the green leeson street?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

or you could do something totally innovative and not take them to a pub. Show visitors that unlike in the touristy ads there is an Ireland beyond "porther, lep up-and-down dressed in green or as a God Save Us All Your Honour leprechaun", but that might be too much of a challenge.

Advertisement