Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for firewood to buy in Kerry

Options
  • 28-01-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi. Im looking to buy a bulk of seasoned hard firewood delivered in kerry (trailer load).
    Will consider offers or recomendations.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Id say your best bet would be to keep an eye on the good old donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kubiak

i was looking there but half of adds doesnt include price and info is wood seasoned or green, or what type of wood is it. On top of all what is trailerload? how much is 10x5 trailer (average amount of logs). So looking for advice of somebody who bought and was happy with it (or not) as i am 1st time firewood buyer. It is going to be burned in small 6,5kW stove.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

kubiak wrote: »
    i was looking there but half of adds doesnt include price and info is wood seasoned or green, or what type of wood is it. On top of all what is trailerload? how much is 10x5 trailer (average amount of logs). So looking for advice of somebody who bought and was happy with it (or not) as i am 1st time firewood buyer. It is going to be burned in small 6,5kW stove.

Thanks

Honestly im the completely wrong person to be asked about wood.
    Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I too am of no use regarding the details of Kerry firewood, but there's a lot of good info in this thread that should be of help when making a purchasing decision:
    timber logs

It might also be worth asking over in the Renewable Energies forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

Kubiac-i'm not from kerry,so cant help you, but my advice on buying a 10x5 trailer load of chopped amd split logs would be to know what hieght the trailer is going to be filled to.Whether it was a trailer,pick-up.van or lorry doing the delivering I would want to start with price of a cubic metre of loose logs and then calculate WxLXH to work out the volume thats been offerred. Working it out in 'loads','tips' or even tonnes can be confusing,which could lead to inaccuracy or inconsistancy. I would also be checking,upon delivery, the moisture content using a moisture meter -and If found to be over 20%,reject or be haggling down the price and storing until it is properly dried.
    Hope you find some before the big freeze thats coming up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement