Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing kitchen cupboards to insulated board

• 28-01-2012 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

I am looking to fix wall cupboards to 50mm insulated board. I am thinking of drilling 20 or 25 mm hole right through into the masonry and putting a wooden plug to fix to. Is there simpler fixing method bearing in mind that kitchen cabinets full are heavy or is this strong enough.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

hargo wrote: »
    I am looking to fix wall cupboards to 50mm insulated board. I am thinking of drilling 20 or 25 mm hole right through into the masonry and putting a wooden plug to fix to. Is there simpler fixing method bearing in mind that kitchen cabinets full are heavy or is this strong enough.

100mm frame fixers.

Job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi
    I got the height of cupboards, cut 75 x 44mm timber to length i needed. cut the plasteerboard and insulation to 75mm and screwed the timber to wall. Replastered the few mm to bring wall flush. I found it a very solid fixing and if you ever need to take away units again wall is still good. Timber is a good insulater so you are not loosing any heat.
    NW

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

Thanks for advice lads. I think i'll get the builder to put the timber in place as it is a renovation job and the slabs haven't gone up yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

We also used the timber as described and you could tap dance on the units they feel that solidly fixed.

Advertisement