Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifi hanging or disconnecting

Options
  • 28-01-2012 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

im posting this here because the problem is happening on multiple devices which leads me to believe its not the phones etc.

i have upc broadband. i have the thomson router from them

sometimes on my htc sensation i can notice that some applications dont register an internet connection and instant messenger programs stop working, while web browsing seems to continue as normal. a similiar issue has also been reported on a laptop where they have to disconnect and reconnect to get it working again

ive tried looking through my router settings but nothing jumps out that could be the cause. theres obviously a ton of options though

i have tried different channels for the wifi but this has not had any noticable impact

does anyone have any idea where i could start diagnosing this issue and trying to track it out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

any suggestions folks?

thanks

Advertisement