Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Mods

Options
  • 28-01-2012 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭

Its been over a year since the 3.55 kmeaw mod.Still no online play.Is the scene gone a bit stagnant?
    SONY 1 : Hackers 0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Its been over a year since the 3.55 kmeaw mod.Still no online play.Is the scene gone a bit stagnant?
    SONY 1 : Hackers 0

There's very, very few people involved who have the skills AND incentive to bother with it. I can't see there ever being online play for modded PS3's again, because as you know since 3.56, Sony have the ability to run code on a PS3 that logs into PSN. It'd be very easy to identify unofficial software.

There's too many childish morons involved in it now, & you've also the commercial side to it such as the True Blue dongle. It's funny how these people, who profit off of stolen software, stay under the radar of Sony's legal team...while a bedroom coder who experimented with Linux ends up in court. So I suppose the legal aspect of it is the big one. Unless you write backup managers and/or are making profit from stolen software, your not that safe from Sony.

But to be blunt, the PS3 to me, for whatever reason maybe the XMB, is a dull, lifeless, boring console. It does nothing that can't be done better on the 360 short of a handful of worthy exclusives.

Yes it's stagnant...but even modded, it's still stagnant.

Advertisement