Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holiday at home - will you?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I think it come down to personal preference rather than price. You could holiday here or abroad on a similar budget. There is a big world out there and I would like to see as much of it as possible. Sure there are many nice places to see in Ireland, but experiencing different cultures is what some people like also.
    With that said, I will be holidaying in Ireland this year, will be home for a few weeks in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I've always loved the idea of hiring a cruise boat and floating along the shannon. It would be nice if I could rely on the weather though. Picnics on a river bank sound more appealing than sitting in and paying for restaurants.

Anyone ever done the boat thing?

I've done it, it's brilliant, even for a long weekend. You have to book early though as a lot of the hire companies are booked up well in advance for weekends. 16 of us took two cruisers from Banagher down to Lough Derg and back. Plenty of nice places to stop and the pubs beside the marinas are hopping at night.

Have booked a week in Clare mid-February. Surfing, cycling, caving and an open fire in the cottage. I won't come back with a tan but it should be a great week off work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Holidaying in ireland isn't expensive. Last year I rented a cottage for a week in the west and it cost €300. €75 between 4 (it had 2 twin rooms).

So that's €300 for a family for a week. Was this during school holidays? I think not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I love the likes of Kerry and West Cork but the weather in Ireland is too unstable. Plus its nice to get out of this madhouse for a few weeks every year.

Advertisement