Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Download Limit Fair Usage 250gb

Options
  • 28-01-2012 3:57am

ok so i have unlimited for along time now i love it before for years i was on 3mb now im on 24mb.

when i was on 3mb i was always over like mad. :D

since ive moved to 24mb its great speed is top notch 1.64mb a sec but then ive read that its capped at 250gb wtf last week :mad:

the man on phone told me alongtime ago that 24mb is unlimited if it was changed no one told me email or letter :confused:

this month so far i have download 360gb :p

HD FREAK SO I AM SD WILL NOT DO :rolleyes:

i shouldnt be worried ive never been over charged in years. :cool:

if i am ever i will not pay as i was told it was unlimited :cool:

sorry if that sounded harsh money tight you know the interent my only luxury

dont lie to your customers that pay your wages :mad:

can anyone from eircom reasure me usally theres someone from eircom on theese forms :)

many thanks in advence :)

Tom :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

If your on a NGB package then you will most likely get overcharged.
    They don't charge for over usage on standard broadband packages tough which is probably why you never got overcharged before!

It's around 1euro for every GB of over usage.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Isn't there a max you can be charged though?

Yeah i'll have a look and see if i can find that info on what the max charge for overusage is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

ok so i have unlimited for along time now i love it before for years i was on 3mb now im on 24mb.

when i was on 3mb i was always over like mad. :D

since ive moved to 24mb its great speed is top notch 1.64mb a sec but then ive read that its capped at 250gb wtf last week :mad:

the man on phone told me alongtime ago that 24mb is unlimited if it was changed no one told me email or letter :confused:

this month so far i have download 360gb :p

HD FREAK SO I AM SD WILL NOT DO :rolleyes:

i shouldnt be worried ive never been over charged in years. :cool:

if i am ever i will not pay as i was told it was unlimited :cool:

sorry if that sounded harsh money tight you know the interent my only luxury

dont lie to your customers that pay your wages :mad:

can anyone from eircom reasure me usally theres someone from eircom on theese forms :)

many thanks in advence :)

Tom :)

Hi Tom
    Wow that is heavy usage but the answer here is No, we don’t charge for excess usage over the 250GB. This is a policy rather than an enforced charge.

We reserve the right to assess each customer on the basis of their usage as to whether they are or are not impacting other customers or the eircom Broadband network.
    I hope this helps.
    Tony

• Advertisement

So we can break the 250GB cap and not be charged then ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jay93 wrote: »
    So we can break the 250GB cap and not be charged then ? :)

Hi jay93,

Yes currently eircom have decided not to charge customers who exceed the €250GB fair usage cap on the NGB Regular or NGB Ultimate packages.

However be aware that eircom reserve the right to charge for excess usage for those packages (As per broadband terms and conditions). Please also note there may be some cases with customers who continually exceed the usage, may be sent out warning letters warning that the usage is to high and may be charged excess usage if the usage pattern continues.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Tom
    Wow that is heavy usage but the answer here is No, we don’t charge for excess usage over the 250GB. This is a policy rather than an enforced charge.

We reserve the right to assess each customer on the basis of their usage as to whether they are or are not impacting other customers or the eircom Broadband network.
    I hope this helps.
    Tony

not really tony i watched all harry potter film on netflix film in 1080p and each film was between 10-13gb each it was was 95gb when i checked

Hi jay93,

Yes currently eircom have decided not to charge customers who exceed the €250GB fair usage cap on the NGB Regular or NGB Ultimate packages.

However be aware that eircom reserve the right to charge for excess usage for those packages (As per broadband terms and conditions). Please also note there may be some cases with customers who continually exceed the usage, may be sent out warning letters warning that the usage is to high and may be charged excess usage if the usage pattern continues.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for confirming that Mark :)
    I wouldn't say i would ever get near 250GB but it's good to know that if i ever did exceed the 250 by a few GB's that i wouldn't be overcharged.
    Great service i must say,:cool:

jay93 wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming that Mark :)
    I wouldn't say i would ever get near 250GB but it's good to know that if i ever did exceed the 250 by a few GB's that i wouldn't be overcharged.
    Great service i must say,:cool:

Hi jay93,

No worries, glad we could be of help.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Fair enought to Eircom providing a straight answer to a straight question.

I think that if they could find a way to somehow bundle a mifi dongle with the broadband/phone offering, they will obtain a difficult to match competitive advange over UPC, despite them having better speeds.

gzoladz wrote: »
    Fair enought to Eircom providing a straight answer to a straight question.

I think that if they could find a way to somehow bundle a mifi dongle with the broadband/phone offering, they will obtain a difficult to match competitive advange over UPC, despite them having better speeds.

Hi gzoladz,

Thanks fpr the post :)

Mark

Advertisement