Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to advertise services?

Options
  • 28-01-2012 4:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Where is the best place to advertise services here in Galway? The Advertiser?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Depends on what type of services and where you are based, Galway Advertiser would have more of a city focus than the Tribune - would believe strongly in Facebook etc myself

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

Its to adverse for a Makeup Artist, I already use Facebook, but was thinking on online ads maybe like DoneDeal? Any galway specific ones anyone knows of?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Maybe the Advertiser so, Galway Now magazine as well. Donedeal wouldn't strike me as as useful a place as those. Always good (and free) to put ads up on noticeboards in some of the larger local shops as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The general answer is "wherever your target market are likely to see them and take action".

Who are your target customers? I genuinely have no idea who would pay a makeup artists, except for theatres - and suspect that marketing to them would be vastly different to the general public.

You don't know who would pay a makeup artist? Brides, Bridesmaids, Models, Women going on a night out, Special Occasions, Hen Nights? Lots of people make a complete living off of being a makeup artist and I have had lots of work come my way, just looking for more! But I never thought of theatre, so thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

TBH, I'd really thought about what people who do makeup for weddings are called, the couple of wedding parties I've been invovled in have had the services of a "makeup lady" - wouldn't have thought to call her an artist. If I was pushed for a title, I might have suggested "beautician".

So ... advertise in places where people planning weddings look. The Advertiser is the most popular paper, they have a weddings special every so often.

Maybe you could leave flyers with wedding planners, in wedding venues, etc.

Actually, maybe there's a hint for you in my ignorance: a less high-brow sounding name in some ads might get people who wouldn't have thought about you before.

Thanks Mary will do!

Advertisement