Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao application Deadline / late applications

Options
  • 28-01-2012 5:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi, on cao website it says the deadline is 1st of feb and gives a price of 30euro, then beside tat it says late applications 60 euro. Basically my querie is as a mature applicant the closing date is 1st feb, so what is the closingf date for late applications and can mature students even avail of this 'late application' process? Also just wondering can anyone just give me the questions on the mature section of cao please? I ask this as i know from fillling it out previously there was a couple of questions i ended up answering on seperate sheets as the answers were too long for the online app. And as im cutting it fine for the 1st feb closing date i am trying to get as much as possible done at home now as i wonmt actually be getting online to do the application untill monday morning so i would like to have the questions answered and ready to post off to cao on monday after i complete the online app.:
    ohh the stress of it all lol:D
    thanks for reading and for hopefully answering my questions and providing me with the mature section questions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Late applications is any time after the first of Feb. Most unis have this deadline for mature student applications, I guess due to the fact most also require interviews. Some colleges do accept late applications from Mature students but you would need to contact the college directly to find out. I wouldn't recommend applying late though. Doesn't look good.

Don't really understand why you can't look up the CAO questions yourself if you are coming online to start this thread? :confused:

Best of luck. Make sure to have a checklist for everything so you don't forget any documents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sookey

Hi

All applicatipns must be in by the end of May, but as a mature student their are only a limited number of places fro courses in any college. I would ring your relevant collage to check if I were you

Goos Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Thanks. And just to answer the first posters questions of why i couldnt just look up the questions myself, well its not due to laziness if thats wht your thinking. I actually did try already, i did a few google searches but the only things thaat came up were downloadable pdf documents and such, and as im using the net on my mobile phone, i couldnt do this as everytime i tried to dowload the doc's it kept bringing a notice up on my phones screen saying 'file format not supported'!
    Thanks anyway for the other info. Also if anyone can tell me the questions on the mature section i would be very greatful. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sookey

;
    qwertytlk wrote: »
    Thanks. And just to answer the first posters questions of why i couldnt just look up the questions myself, well its not due to laziness if thats wht your thinking. I actually did try already, i did a few google searches but the only things thaat came up were downloadable pdf documents and such, and as im using the net on my mobile phone, i couldnt do this as everytime i tried to dowload the doc's it kept bringing a notice up on my phones screen saying 'file format not supported'!
    Thanks anyway for the other info. Also if anyone can tell me the questions on the mature section i would be very greatful. Thanks

Hi you can get all these from CAO website ..... or alt u can ring your local collage for help with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

Mature Section: Final secondary level qualifications awarded:
    Post-secondary level qualifications:
    Current Studies: (200 letters)
    Non-certificate courses: (200)
    Employment: (200)
    Voluntary (Unpaid) Work: (200)
    Hobbies or interests: (200)
    Relevance of your life / educational experience to your application
    and your educational goals & objectives: (1000 letters)

• Advertisement
Advertisement