Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much are points expected to fluctuate this year?

• 28-01-2012 6:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

as someone reapplying to the CAO this year it appears I am already at a severe disadvantage, considering the automatic 25 extra points on top of HL maths result. Is it likely that CAO points will reach an all time high, what is the percentage increase of LC students doing HL from previous years? I must say it seems a very unfair move, I can't fathom the prioritising of maths as a subject, who's to say people doing HL irish don't deserve the same.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you did HL Maths in the past, you too will get those extra 25 points provided HL Maths is in your top 6 subjects when the 25 extra points are added on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

If you did HL Maths in the past, you too will get those extra 25 points provided HL Maths was in your top 6 subjects *before* the 25 extra points is added on.

No, its provided the HL Maths is in your top 6 when the bonus is added on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

K_1 wrote: »
    No, its provided the HL Maths is in your top 6 when the bonus is added on.

Sorry, yes, you're right - my mistake!

More details about the bonus points here: http://www2.cao.ie/schools_corr/sep_2011/BonusPointsMathsWithExamples.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Points are proportional to demand.

i.e Demand for a course increases = Points for that course increase

Advertisement