Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc for €400?

Options
  • 28-01-2012 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hey folks iv decided that im going to build myself a pc rather than buy a ready made one the only thing is i have no idea what to order i have €400-€500 to spend.(would like to keep it on the lower side or even less if possible)is there any one here that could help me?it doesnt have to be any thing spectacular but id like it to be as fast as possible for that price,i might play the odd game on it but i could upgrade it later for that!!!i have a mouse and keyboard but ill need everything else(monitor,case etc....)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated..Sorry if i left anything out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Do you need an operating system and are you a student/someone that can avail of a student Windows license (i.e., have kids going to school).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 walshy012

oh sorry!!ya ill be needing windows7 aswell,no dont have kids in school nor am i a student.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

i can do without monitor if it makes it easier.i can hook it up to tv for time being until i have some extra cash to get one!!

walshy012 wrote: »
    i can do without monitor if it makes it easier.i can hook it up to tv for time being until i have some extra cash to get one!!

In that case go with this:

Item|Price
    Total build cost: €411.85 + €30 shipping
    ASRock H61M-HVS (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX|€42.83
    4GB Patriot AMD Entertainment Edition PC3-12800 1600MHz|€18.49
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)|€73.03
    NZXT SOURCE 210 Midi-Tower - black, ATX, ohne Netzteil|€30.49
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA|€15.90
    Antec BasiQ VP350|€33.05
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version Englisch|€87.44
    Intel Core i3-2120 Box, LGA1155|€110.62

Better performance and a bit closer to your budget.

• Advertisement

Thank you for your help.two questions,(1)how difficult will it be to put together?i dont know everything about computers but im not totaly useless either!(2)say if i wanted to play games like battlefield(doesnt have to be top notch graphics but i wouldnt want frame rate problems either) on it how much more would i need to spend?Thanks again

Thank you for your help.two questions,(1)how difficult will it be to put together?i dont know everything about computers but im not totaly useless either!(2)say if i wanted to play games like battlefield(doesnt have to be top notch graphics but i wouldnt want frame rate problems either) on it how much more would i need to spend?Thanks again

Its not too difficult to put together yourself. If you're based in Dublin I'd be happy to do it for you, or at least help you.

If you wanted to do some light gaming you'd want to add this:
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=49395&agid=1004

That would play BF3 at 1440x900 at high graphics settings.

just 60 might have to throw that in too so!!im eventually going to build a proper gaming pc when i can afford it (xbox/ps3 graphics just dont cut it anymore) also dont want to spend a small fortune on sumthing im going to be diabolic at. im in tipperary but thanks for the offer anyway i want to have a crack at it myself,the best way to learn is through experience right?if i get stuck i can always check trusty old google:D Thanks very much for your help id still be here looking at cases if i tried it myself:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Hmm, I've one machine for the brother which is running an (overlocked) 6770 on a fast OC quad and anything above medium res gets choppy, basically the res doesn't scale down well either, I dropped it right down to 1280 and still had the choppiness
    (Also ran on another machine with 5770, again, tough to go above medium details)

For OP, I'd recommend the ATI 6770 minimum (about 80 or 90 euros) if BF3 is involved in the equation

If not, then 6670.

just 60 might have to throw that in too so!!im eventually going to build a proper gaming pc when i can afford it (xbox/ps3 graphics just dont cut it anymore) also dont want to spend a small fortune on sumthing im going to be diabolic at. im in tipperary but thanks for the offer anyway i want to have a crack at it myself,the best way to learn is through experience right?if i get stuck i can always check trusty old google:D Thanks very much for your help id still be here looking at cases if i tried it myself:confused:

Yeah just for an example, the new xbox thats probably going to be released in 2013/2014 is rumoured to have that 6670 as its graphics card.

• Advertisement

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Dec, not to question your expertise but a 6670 running bf3 on high at that res?

Hmm, I've one machine for the brother which is running an (overlocked) 6770 on a fast OC quad and anything above medium res gets choppy, basically the res doesn't scale down well either, I dropped it right down to 1280 and still had the choppiness
    (Also ran on another machine with 5770, again, tough to go above medium details)

For OP, I'd recommend the ATI 6770 minimum (about 80 or 90 euros) if BF3 is involved in the equation

If not, then 6670.

Ahh, you're right. I was looking at Bad Company 2 benches by accident, not BF3. For BF3 you will get 40-50fps at medium, 1440x900

Advertisement