Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infomation on Cluid Housing

Options
  • 28-01-2012 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

From the Cluid website it is stated that it provides affordable/social housing but someone told me it is used to house ex-prisoners. Any information would be appreciated. I won't say how I heard it was initially funded as I thread would likely be closed as I don't have concrete evidence. It could be scaremongering but I would love to know if anyone has any experience dealing with them and who exactly who do they provide housing for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 irishtweety

femur61 wrote: »
    From the Cluid website it is stated that it provides affordable/social housing but someone told me it is used to house ex-prisoners. Any information would be appreciated. I won't say how I heard it was initially funded as I thread would likely be closed as I don't have concrete evidence. It could be scaremongering but I would love to know if anyone has any experience dealing with them and who exactly who do they provide housing for.

Cluid house people from the local council list - there's a leaflet on the website explaining how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Cluid house people from the local council list - there's a leaflet on the website explaining how it works
    ^This.

It is entirely possible that a tenant is an ex-prisoner but there's nothing unusual about that.

Also, depending on the type of funding scheme that a particular estate is built under, Clúid may take a small percentage of tenants that are not on the local housing list.

Funding is provided by the DoEHLG under the CAS and (now defunct) CLSS schemes. More information on these funding schemes can be found here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nomnomnom999

I live in a Cluid property. Most of us came from the housing list and small minority came from women's shelters (I'm not sure if I'm using the right term). I've not heard of any other sources of tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

femur61 wrote: »
    From the Cluid website it is stated that it provides affordable/social housing but someone told me it is used to house ex-prisoners.
    I imagine any such housing is very structured and you would have individual houses in various areas, not groups of such houses.

The idea of such houses is to provide a step-down and rehabilitation, which wouldn't be achieved if the houses were clustered.

Advertisement