Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims3 World Adventures integration with original Sims 3

Options
  • 28-01-2012 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

I bought Sim3 World Adventures last week from a shop in Dublin City.
    Ok, so there are only 3 countries to go to... France (Paris) China (Shang Simla) and Egypt (Tombs of Mummies) - fair enough.
    So, I got my sim to go on vacation after getting unpaid leave off work first of all - she works in the Cafe Bar in the same building as the Tattoo studio in the Town you get with the original Sims game.
    This is where the inflexible nature and bugginess of the Sims 3 started to show through:
    My Sim came home from the vacation.
    I saved off the game there, since she was now back in the default town supplied on the original DVD.
    So, I came back and put in the original Sims 3 DVD the next time.
    I let it spin up, and the Sims3 interface presented. I clicked the play button. . . .....and was asked to put in the World Adventures DVD ??>???:confused: I did this.. the game continued.
    She had just enough money left to buy a buffet service for her buffet table. So.. I got the Sim to throw a party and invited 8 guests or so.
    They thought the party was greatin their speech bubbles.
    So my Sim ends up with 2 dollars for money. The other annoying thing here is the fact that the player is still bombarded with offers from the Book shop is running a sale... when you have no money to spend...
    Ah, I thought, she'll return to work and earn more money.
    My Sim did not return to work. .....that 'hook' did not kick in. ... and got in a very bad mood while I waited for the carpool to pick here up for work....I got her back into a good mood again..She still goes not go back to work.
    Oh, and why the heck does Sims World Adventures have my sim driving her car over the bridge in Shang Simla?
    Other comments about your own Sims3 world adventures? If anything, Sims3 world adventures was anything not seamless with the original game. My 2 cents.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Well, I have decided to offer this wierd opinion - my friends say only people like me will do the like of this!
    So, Sims go to bed and dream when they sleep. I think the Sims game designers should put this into their game:
    when the player Sim is moving off the track of progress intended by the game points system, why does'nt the Sim have a dream where they are reprimanded by a suited figure at a desk!!!! They could then wake up dazed and miserable, but I don't care. I got this wierd idea from a scene in the movie "The Fortress" with Donald Sutherland as this brutal prison chief: When the hero in this movie is having a nice dream in his cell bunk, the dream is suddenly and abruptly interuppted by a "nightmare" broadcast from the prison chief which is designed to eradicate good dreams in prison inmates.

There you go!;):D:o:p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

To the original post, I've encountered that bug

Advertisement