Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excavator Operators

Options
  • 28-01-2012 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hello all. is there much work for excavator operators over there at the minute. im in my mid 30's and experienced excavator operator or digger driver. there is just no work at home at all. does anybody have any contacts to companys out there. would i be able to get work without a proper work visa. i was thinking maybe comming over on a normal 3 month holiday visa and taking it from there. would apriciate any info. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

There are plenty of operators already here or coming on WHV looking sponsored, my mate has his own business laying gas and he has no problem getting operators. Don't think he would bother with an illegal to much hassle, can't really see why any employer would bother with any illegal as there is so many legal WHV holders here already unless they were taking the P*ss with the pay etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Hitachi120

mandrake04 wrote: »
    There are plenty of operators already here or coming on WHV looking sponsored, my mate has his own business laying gas and he has no problem getting operators. Don't think he would bother with an illegal to much hassle, can't really see why any employer would bother with any illegal as there is so many legal WHV holders here already unless they were taking the P*ss with the pay etc.

aye true enough m8, i know where your coming from. i might look into maybe sponsorship if thats possible.

Hitachi120 wrote: »
    aye true enough m8, i know where your coming from. i might look into maybe sponsorship if thats possible.

Your best bet is if you know someone already here to vouch for you, in saying that most employers would want you to work a trial which you can't legally do. Plus you need Workcover LE ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Hitachi120

Your best bet is if you know someone already here to vouch for you, in saying that most employers would want you to work a trial which you can't legally do. Plus you need Workcover LE ticket.

im an owner excavator operator. i might make a couple of youtube videos. i do have my aussie excavator ticket i was over there 4 years ago and my blue card. i was working for a demolition company on the gold coast. the youtube videos of myself might give potential companys something to go on. the company i worked for on the gold coast are no longer in operation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76248074&postcount=1:D probably best get some experience before you try to get a job in Oz ;)

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76248074&postcount=1:D probably best get some experience before you try to get a job in Oz ;)

How odd Hitachi120 closed his account, must have been something you said!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

How odd Hitachi120 closed his account, must have been something you said!!
    Moi!!!!!!:eek: Id say it was something he said!:D

If your watching Hitachi120,best of luck man with the job hunting,but there are 1,000s of drivers out there looking for work,there would be a good chance of you getting a job,but keeping it would be a difficult thing as your inexperience would be exposed fairly quickly.

Advertisement