Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Single Parents Protest!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

aare wrote: »
    Not an issue, I just think it is a kind of, stand alone, cyber poetry:

I said from the start that those who choose to cause a single parent family must pay.

:D:D:D

I'm a haemophiliac and a poet now! Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭seanmc1980

Abi wrote: »
    Like I said, pure ignorance :)

Pure ignorance to expect the state to pay for your chocie to have a child or broken relationship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

micropig wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    libraries

They don't have TVs in libraries (little "QUIET!!!" issue) :rolleyes: nor sufficient PC time available.

They don't have TVs in libraries (little "QUIET!!!" issue) :rolleyes: nor sufficient PC time available.

There is a TV in the local supermacs. I have a spare one here you can have too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ch750536 wrote: »
    Take it to PM if you have an issue with my child support.
    I already said no thanks!
    seanmc1980 wrote: »
    1 person can't get preg, its nature you need to people to make a child.
    You mean two people right....
    if circumstances change you need to get the other parent to pay for the child as well as yourself. Court is a good option here if you ahve the convition you will get what you deserve.
    And as mentioned a million times, this does not always work. And if you get a payment it probably will not be enough to cover all the bills.
    I should hav eto pay for your choices or broken relationsips
    When did I say I was in that situation? :confused:
    Pure ignorance to expect the state to pay for your chocie to have a child or broken relationship
    Pure ignorance is to assume there was any choice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭jomc

We covered the death example previously, obviously help should be there, I would call this 'widow allowance' rather than single parent.
    The one who jumped ship, I would make payments to the family as a loan to be held in the name of the father. If ever he steps back in Ireland or international law changes then he is arrested until full payment is met. Job done, parent has still paid for the child. If he never returns and international law never changes then so be it, once he is dead write off the loan as a welfare cost.

I've only posted two stories, because they are the only people i actually know in the single parent situation. What my post was more pointed at was the attitude that people have towards single parents. Both of these girls, who are very nice, hard working, girls with little or no luxuries in their life, have been judged and verbally abused by people who feel they have a right to judge them.

Also as i said both have been educated to a high standard but won't be able to have a good job or career until their children are about 15 (again not being a parent i'm just guessing at what age can kids be left by themselves and be able to get around without their safety etc being compromised, sorry if its way off). By then they will be so long out of the workforce that they won't be considered employable. Their lives have been completely changed because of other peoples actions, and they are now just going day to day surviving. They'll never get an enjoyable lifestyle now because of the system thats set up and the attitudes out there that so many people consider single parents to be scum, when most of them are people who have been dealt a raw hand in life and are doing the best they can with it.

My kids get by without a couple of those & I work & they are in education.

Which couple of educational essentials are you forcing your kids to struggle without?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Not an issue, I just think it is a kind of, stand alone, cyber poetry:

I said from the start that those who choose to cause a single parent family must pay.

:D:D:D

New buisness idea if anyones on board:D

You can come to my house & use my broadband &laptop for €30/month

Extra €30 I will drive to your house with my laptop, mobile broadband and printer & let you use it

This is a necessity every house hold needs

No printing out loads of fancy coloured pages though:p

smash wrote: »
    I already said no thanks!
    You mean two people right....

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

jomc wrote: »
    I've only posted two stories, because they are the only people i actually know in the single parent situation. What my post was more pointed at was the attitude that people have towards single parents. Both of this girls, who are very nice, hard working, girls with little or no luxuries in their life, have been judged and verbally abused by people who feel they have a right to judge them.

Also as i said both have been educated to a high standard but won't be able to have a good job or career until their children are about 15 (again not being a parent i'm just guessing at what age can kids be left by themselves and be able to get around without their safety etc being compromised, sorry if its way off). By then they will be so long out of the workforce that they won't be considered employable. Their lives have been completely changed because of other peoples actions, and they are now just going day to day surviving. They'll never get an enjoyable lifestyle now because of the system thats set up and the attitudes out there that so many people consider single parents to be scum, when most of them are people who have been dealt a raw hand in life and are doing the best they can with it.

Why can't they work until the kids are 15? My wife works as well as myself? I'd like to understand that a bit more please.

No thanks.

But you said you don't need it, then you said it took you 7 years to get it so you wont hand it back or stop payments. But you still whine about others receiving benefits they're entitled to and who lets face it, need it more than you do.

I'm a haemophiliac and a poet now! Yay!

Much money in the poetry books?

Extra €30 I will drive to your house with my laptop, mobile broadband and printer & let you use it

Or you can come to my house (with the partners of your choice), and for a very reasonable hourly rate use the back room to do your best to cause single parents families.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

How about my freesat and 13yr old banger. (I work full time & my wife part time btw)

did your wife have to ask permission to work(since you come to think women's places are in the kitchen now get me my ham & cheese sandwich)
    actually don't even answer that since i already know what the answer is

your in a minority

a dying minority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Total rip off seeing as my broadband is €20 a month!

But shhh, don't tell anyone I have broadband for I am a lowly single parent and I shouldn't have anything but rags, beans on toast and sock puppets for entertainment. I should never leave the house and I should sit in the dark for fear I spend any more money than is absolutely necessary. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

ash23 wrote: »
    Oh yawn.
    Because the person works and is entitled to spend their money how they choose. They may end up having to get rid of those things if they end up on welfare but that isn't what my example was about but nice try anyway :rolleyes:

Completely agree with you but I think (open to correction!) that the poster who said they were spending over 70 a month on TV and broadband was in receipt of welfare and not working and that why the post caused some stir on the thread.

Why can't they work until the kids are 15? My wife works as well as myself? I'd like to understand that a bit more please.

jomc wrote:
    Also as i said both have been educated to a high standard but won't be able to have a good job or career until their children are about 15 (again not being a parent i'm just guessing at what age can kids be left by themselves and be able to get around without their safety etc being compromised, sorry if its way off).

Did you read my post?

Lack of affordable childcare! So try to understand if you died tomorrow do you think your wife could afford to work and look after the kids and pay the bills.
    3rd time now I'll say no thanks! :rolleyes:

Well, what do you do with them when you are both at work?

Childcare I assume. So I refer back to my earlier posts where a couple have either 2 wages or one wage and no childcare.
    A person parenting alone has one wage and childcare to be paid out of that.
    Two is a bigger number than one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Abi wrote: »
    Like I said, pure ignorance :)

I think you'll find your assuming I do pure ignorance.

I've never seen a thread riddled with trolling go on so long.

• Advertisement

Did you read my post?

Do the kids not go to school then?

Well, what do you do with them when you are both at work?

Childcare I assume. So I refer back to my earlier posts where a couple have either 2 wages or one wage and no childcare.
    A person parenting alone has one wage and childcare to be paid out of that.
    Two is a bigger number than one.

She works from 9.15 to 5pm. The kids go to friends till 5pm.

I think he probably has every sincere intention of offering tea and biscuits with that...;)

porkies

you said your wife works part time?

egan2020 wrote: »
    Completely agree with you but I think (open to correction!) that the poster who said they were spending over 70 a month on TV and broadband was in receipt of welfare and not working and that why the post caused some stir on the thread.

Well no because the post I was responding to was in reference to me mentioning set bills such as rent, sky, broadband etc and wasn't in relation to benefits but rather in relation to how it's harder to cover everything on one wage as a single parent than as a couple.
    So nothing to do with welfare in that instance.
    I didn't see many of the earlier posts because my eyes couldn't take the oh so many stereotypical responses ;)

Or you can come to my house (with the partners of your choice), and for a very reasonable hourly rate use the back room to do your best to cause single parents families.

:p

Will you help with the forms? Will I loose my rent allowance? background music etc? Will this be extra?

Have you thought this through at all?:p

Do you pay the friends for childcare?

So you are lucky enough to be in a position where other people are minding your children free of charge. Very very few people i know, married or otherwise have free childcare available to them.

Because you have this arrangement, it does not mean everyone has.

gcgirl wrote: »
    porkies

3 days a week.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

gcgirl wrote: »
    porkies

well if she worked 9-5 3/4 days a week. it is part time

• Advertisement

What do ye do for days off? Half days, holidays and the 2 to 3 months in the summer? Mid terms, Christmas, Easter etc?

Do you pay the friends for childcare?

Naa. We do the favour back on holidays etc.

What do ye do for days off? Half days, holidays and the 2 to 3 months in the summer? Mid terms, Christmas, Easter etc?

Take holidays.

But shhh, don't tell anyone I have broadband for I am a lowly single parent and I shouldn't have anything but rags, beans on toast and sock puppets for entertainment. I should never leave the house and I should sit in the dark for fear I spend any more money than is absolutely necessary. :rolleyes:

See the value you can get when you shop around! Well done :DYou can keep your broadband, carry on and share the secret of securing cheap broad band with others:p

Will you help with the forms? Will I loose my rent allowance? background music etc? Will this be extra?

Have you thought this through at all?:p

Probably not :o

And you can't see that others don't have this luxury? Jesus...
    Take holidays.
    So you and your wife give up work for 4/5 months a year then?

3 days a week.:rolleyes:

Jobshare ?

So you are lucky enough to be in a position where other people are minding your children free of charge. Very very few people i know, married or otherwise have free childcare available to them.

Because you have this arrangement, it does not mean everyone has.

You know very very few people then.
    If I tried hard enough I could find a reason not to work.
    I chose to look hard enough to find a way to get to work.

people generally get 20-25 holidays plus 9 bank holidays that's nearly 7 weeks holidays from work

that's pretty much the summer done.

if it's two it's the summer and all other holidays done.

if it's one you save during the months your not paying it and use during weeks you need to e.g. mid terms etc

• Advertisement

Take holidays.

Well now that doesn't work.
    I have 20 days holidays a year.
    That won't cover all the school days off. Plus all the evenings (because I don't have a free childminder)

So you and your wife give up work for 4/5 months a year then?

Agreed people who dont work dont receive any holiday entitlement from the employers.
    :D

See the value you can get when you shop around! Well done :DYou can keep your broadband, carry on and share the secret of securing cheap broad band with others:p

It's no secret. I'm pretty sure it's on every website for every mobile broadband provider :rolleyes:

Probably not :o

Well for starters I know a good launderette which could take care of all your linen needs;):P

ntlbell wrote: »
    people generally get 20-25 holidays plus 9 bank holidays that's nearly 7 weeks holidays from work

that's pretty much the summer done.

if it's two it's the summer and all other holidays done.

if it's one you save during the months your not paying it and use during weeks you need to e.g. mid terms etc

you do know the kids have no school on bank holidays..........

That won't cover all the school days off. Plus all the evenings (because I don't have a free childminder)

I wasn't asking you the question. I posed the question to somebody stating that a single parent they know won't be able to work until the kids are 15. I was wondering why?
    Sorry to hear you have no options though.

• Advertisement

maybe you should ask someone who you know decided not to have kids to pay taxes and pay for the luxry of you been able to go to work and have someone else mind your kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Dumping their kids on their friends parents, lawl! :D

This just gets better. And OPF's are the fcuking leeches?! :D

exactly and most people don't work.

where's the problem?

maybe you should ask someone who you know decided not to have kids to pay taxes and pay for the luxry of you been able to go to work and have someone else mind your kids.

I didnt the whole thing.

Yes its just not possible, I mean my kid comes home to eat the lunch they bought in the shop, I can't work:mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement