Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleadh Ceoil 2013.

Options
  • 28-01-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭

Derry will be the host for the 2013 Fleadh.
    That will make for a nice change I hope. . .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Dont think I'll be making it this year but Derry's a nice spot. should be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Will make a nice change after Cavan three years in a row hopefully. :) I'm not a fan of this keeping the fleadh in the same place for 3 years lark, gets boring the third time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Will make a nice change after Cavan three years in a row hopefully. :) I'm not a fan of this keeping the fleadh in the same place for 3 years lark, gets boring the third time around.

Me neither, but the fleadh was given to Cavan for the third time because of Derrys wish to host it next year, otherwise if a venue is successful it gets the fleadh for a second year, and that's it, unless there is no other venue willing to host it, which hasn't happened so far. AFAIK.
    I hope it's successful in Derry. If so might be there for a second stint. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Ennis wanted it, wonder why they didn't get it instead of Cavan the 3rd time? Maybe not enough accommodation there.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Ennis wanted it, wonder why they didn't get it instead of Cavan for the 3rd time? Maybe not enough accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Jim Martin wrote: »
    Ennis wanted it, wonder why they didn't get it instead of Cavan for the 3rd time? Maybe not enough accommodation.

Because they probably wouldn't get it for the second year.

I don't think accommodation was the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Roguery

Lookin forward to it...

Advertisement