Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Card

Options
  • 28-01-2012 2:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

This is just something i wondering about. About a month or so ago i found a scratch card in the card with €2 on it. So i went the first shop i seen after getting out and cash it. Went into the shop and they said they dont cash them but they did sell them. Surely a shop cant do that can they? I wasn't too bother about it but if someone won say €100 i assume they would not pay them eather

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hmm, sometimes shops don't provide winnings on older games (ones that are no longer in play), but from your description, it sounds like they don't pay out at all.

I've never heard of this before, but I'd contact the National Lottery for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

Might it have been a rehab ticket instead of a national lottery ticket. I had problems with the rehabs before, nobody would cash them, so now I don't buy Them.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

It was just a winning streak one fom what i remember. They had the very sameones in the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

The shop is wrong.

Any national lottery scratch card can be cashed in any national lottery agent. As long as the ticket is not very old it can be cashed in seconds.

When the lottery finishes a game, they announce it in the press. You then have 90 days to cash the card.

IF, the same card - same colour - is on sale in the shop, then it should be a current game and is cashable. When games change on winning streak, they change the colour. We have just gone from blue to greyey-blue.

Cash it elsewhere, or if you want to make an issue of it, ring the lottery. The public number is 836 4444

Just make sure its not a rehab ticket. They are awkward to cash and I would never buy one.

I cashed it in another shop and it was fine. Like i said it was only €2 so no big deal but i assume they wouldn't pay out on a big win eather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Shops pay out small wins, for big wins you get paid out in the Post Office or Lottery HQ

neckedit wrote: »
    Shops pay out small wins, for big wins you get paid out in the Post Office or Lottery HQ

By big win i mean 10/20 euro. I know the very big wins you go to the lotto themselfs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

neckedit wrote: »

Yes and no.

Shops do pay out small wins, but with agents consent, can pay out bigger.

It is not widely advertised because some dope WILL walk into a shop and demand a large sum which the shop will not have. Hence the official policy.

I always advocate being nice, have a quiet chat to the manager. I paid 5 grand to one of my regulars as I happened to have access to it at the time and I had the cashflow to cover it. He certainly didn't mind coming back to me that evening.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ken Masters

The misses won €10,000 on a €2 all Cash last week. Prob buys 2 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Ken Masters Please don't drag up old threads. Closing this thread.

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement