Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB bills - paying at post office?

Options
  • 28-01-2012 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to pay the ESB through the post office.

The bill is paid by direct debit, to avoid the deposit. I live in a houseshare, which involves each of us paying our share of the bill, collecting the money and go off to the bank to lodge money into my account. However it normally involves someone paying their share the day before its due. Which is a pain as i never have time to to the bank.

I live right beside a post office so it would be so much handier.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I was going to say go to the ESB forum but you're already there

There is a post on the first page with the info
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056074557

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bluestrawberry

you ask esb for a easy pay card and just go in wit the cash into post office. thats what i do its great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Sorry, i posted this before seeing the ESB thread. I have to check out the easy pay card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Didn't know there was another option for DD payers, since I get caught horribly with this every two months, would be great to be able to pay weekly!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

AFAIK, you can just walk in with the bill and pay cash or pay by phone with a debit/credit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Victor wrote: »
    AFAIK, you can just walk in with the bill and pay cash or pay by phone with a debit/credit card.

Yeah but I was told by ESB that Direct Debit was the only way to avoid the Security Deposit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Cancel the direct debit and your account with them. Tell them you are moving out and want your name off the bill. Good idea in a shared house anyway!

they then start sending a bill to the house every 2 months addressed to the occupier. You bring the bill and the cash to the post office. Simple as.

they might send the occasional letter to the house asking someone to stick a name on the bill and pay a deposit but nothing happens if you don't so long as the bills are paid.

Advertisement