Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 12 - Career mode stories

Options
  • 28-01-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭

Well who have you started with? Made many signings? Any cheap buys?

I started my first season with low lying Plymouth Argyle, first season was easy enough and I got promoted to N power 1, Next season was harder but managed to come second and got promoted to the Npower Championship.

My 3rd season still with Plymouth I had a team with the likes of John Smith (free agent) Flamini, Billyaltedinov and some other decent players, no others over 75 though.

Unfortunately this season I was a bit off the pace and didn't manage to secure a play-off position. At this time I felt it was time for a move so I reviewed the options open to me.

After reviewing my options I went with the Mexican team Guadalajara because basically I wanted a change. My managerial reputation was more than decent which helped signing some pretty good players like Javi Garcia (82) and Fred (81) after clearing some of the dead wood of course. I also inherited a pretty good team with players mostly over 70.

At this stage I had a tiny budget but I thought I'd reinvest and get 3 scouts, the way the league operates is different from any other league I have ever played in, it's like you play in two leagues, 17 games in one and 17 games in the other. It's great though because players have a lot of time between games to recover their energy. Anyways after me dominating the leagues for 2 straight season I felt it was time to move on again.

Back to the job offers and I seen one from Santos, to my suprise they still had Neymar (89) Ganso (87) as well as a another few decent players so I said why not, I'm still not started this season but will get cracking later on :D.

Anyone else have any career mode stories for us :P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

My career has been as a player.

Started with Derry City and won the league and cup the first year. Didn't get many tempting offers plus we were into the qualifier for European football, so why not stick it out. Got knocked out by Inter and put into Europa League. Results didn't go our way.

Won the league again in year 2 despite the objective being 5th...and commentators constantly mentioning that we wouldn't do well. Averaged a goal a game in each season and plenty of assists. Got player of the year both seasons.

Got an offer from Bari who finished 2nd in Serie A. Was kinda tempted, but stayed for some reason. Once again we are expected to finish 5th - so I'll probably leave this season...Not enough ambition! In Europe we drew first leg 2-2 with Rubin Kazan and I popped up for a 90th minute 2-2 in second leg. Went out on penalties (and I missed mine, so don't get that accomplishment).

This was the first penalty in the shootout:

I don't grind for accomplishments though, that's probably an issue. But getting good return and I'm a club legend. Probably going to leave for sunnier climates at the end of the year (or Manchester United!).

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    My career has been as a player.

Started with Derry City and won the league and cup the first year. Didn't get many tempting offers plus we were into the qualifier for European football, so why not stick it out. Got knocked out by Inter and put into Europa League. Results didn't go our way.

Won the league again in year 2 despite the objective being 5th...and commentators constantly mentioning that we wouldn't do well. Averaged a goal a game in each season and plenty of assists. Got player of the year both seasons.

Got an offer from Bari who finished 2nd in Serie A. Was kinda tempted, but stayed for some reason. Once again we are expected to finish 5th - so I'll probably leave this season...Not enough ambition! In Europe we drew first leg 2-2 with Rubin Kazan and I popped up for a 90th minute 2-2 in second leg. Went out on penalties (and I missed mine, so don't get that accomplishment).

This was the first penalty in the shootout:

I don't grind for accomplishments though, that's probably an issue. But getting good return and I'm a club legend. Probably going to leave for sunnier climates at the end of the year (or Manchester United!).
    Good to hear your a club legend anyways :) I've actually not even touched this mode starting as a player actually must give it a shot, is it life like?
    How many offers do you get at the end of the year?

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Good to hear your a club legend anyways :) I've actually not even touched this mode starting as a player actually must give it a shot, is it life like?
    How many offers do you get at the end of the year?

It still has issues - never get subbed (even when dying of exhaustion), as I say club is still hoping for 5th despite back-to-back league titles. You do get a good variety of offers, but not sure if the salary actually has any meaning. I got offered Player-Manager at Derry too; not sure current manager would appreciate that :D

Still plenty they can do with Player career mode - no interaction with press, no transfer sagas / feedback to club. It's a decent mode. I mainly play it because I can chill more than in other modes and keep one eye on Twitter / streams, etc. AI still isn't the most intelligent at times...

🤪

Started a new manager career mode to run alongside the other save and thought I'd pick Swansea City where the objective is to avoid relegation.
    Starting 11
    GK - A. Smithies - 68
    RB - N. Onuoha - 74
    CB - J. Evans - 75
    CB - S. Benedetti - 64
    LB - N. Taylor - 68
    CDM - M. Henriksen - 75
    RCM - J. Allen - 68
    LCM - L. Britton - 69
    RW - N. Dyer - 73
    ST - J. Martinez - 74
    LW - W. Routledge - 74

Subs
    GK - J. Smith - 77
    CB - S. Caulker - 71
    CB - A. Williams - 74
    CM - Koke - 72
    CM - M. Gower - 67
    ST - A. Lacazette - 69
    ST - D. Graham - 74

Smithies is playing between the sticks as I know the potential he has and same goes for Benedetti, Henriksen and Martinez. Lacazette also has great potential.

Transfers in
    Koke - Loan
    Martinez - €4.6 million
    Benedetti - €5.6 million
    Evans - €3.9 million
    Onuoha - €3.7 million
    Lacazette - €4.2 million
    Smith - Free transfer
    Henriksen -€10.5 million
    Smithies - €2.5 million
    Total = €35 million

Transfers out
    Moreira - €2.6 million
    Sinclair - €8 million
    Bodde - €1.8 million
    Vorm - €8 million
    Orlandi - €425,000
    Alfei - €1.5 million
    Dobbie - €2.3 million
    Total = €24.5 million

Will try keep it updated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Been toying with this the last while playing with liverpool but finding the ai ridiculous tough to play against more so than any other year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

In my third season with Liverpool currently

For some reason Manager Mode is much tougher to get stuck into this year.

Won the PL, FA Cup and League Treble first season, on World Class, playing most matches

I bought Cavani, Tiote and Sandro, and Pepe on loan

Next season I defended the PL, lost in QF's of League Cup, Lost on penalties in final of FA Cup and won the European Cup in ET versus Madrid.

I bought Doumbia, Rolando and Gago, sealed a permanent deal for Pepe after I sold Agger to Milan for megabucks, and I brought Torres back! It took a £100,000 pay hike, but he's done well, nothing compared to Doumbia though. Got a few decent players from the Youth Academy too, all out on loan.

This season I really filled out my team where it needed work, I'm doing well in all competitions, in October right now

I signed Abate, Criscito, Rakitič, Tremoulinas and Podolski.
    Got rid of Cavani, as well as Johnson.

I play 4-2-2-2 slightly customised, it's GK RB CB CB LB RCM LCM RAM LAM RS LS

Current team:
    Reina 85
    Abate 82 Pepe 85 Rolando 83 Criscito 86

Rakitič 84. Aquilani 84

Suarez 87. Gerrard 86

Doumbia 87. Torres 86

Subs: Doni, Godin, Enrique, Sandro, Tiote, Henderson, Podolski.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Why do Milan want Agger so badly? Every year they try and buy him.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

Managing Athletico Madrid, up to 2024/25 and theres very few players who come through. Searching for players under 30 years old and at least 80 rating and theres only 3! and the scouting seems to have hit a dead end too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hello guys,Im currently playing career mode as a player,in my third season playing with Real Madrid.one issue I have with it is forfeiting games due to a lack of fit players in the squad,its happened three times,has anyone else experienced this?

Hello guys,Im currently playing career mode as a player,in my third season playing with Real Madrid.one issue I have with it is forfeiting games due to a lack of fit players in the squad,its happened three times,has anyone else experienced this?
    Happened to me once and caught me off guard, but I went through the free transfers and just signed a few rubbish players just to have incase I got caught out again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Happened to me once and caught me off guard, but I went through the free transfers and just signed a few rubbish players just to have incase I got caught out again.

I restarted Career mode,playing with Wigan,it was getting beyond the joke,every match had to be forfeited when Kaka got injured then there was only 16 in the squad :) I downloaded the latest update which seems to have sorted one thing so far,my player can get taken off

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

In my third season with Liverpool.

First season I won the league and FA Cup. Lost the semi-final of the League cup against Fulham

Second season won the League and FA Cup again, knock out of the League Cup at the semi again, this time by Villa. Lost the Champion's League final 2-1 to Barca. Ridiculous defending led to their goals.

Current squad is:

Rafael

Kelly Skrtel Agger Enrique

Aquilani Podolski Sigurdsson

Shaqiri Welliton Suarez

Bench: Coates, Henderson, Redmond (who's top notch, only 18), Martins, Flanagan, Robinson, Lucas

Going to sell Aqua and Martins at the end of this season so I can get some of the younger players (Leitner, Leandro) into the squad

In my third season with Liverpool.

First season I won the league and FA Cup. Lost the semi-final of the League cup against Fulham

Second season won the League and FA Cup again, knock out of the League Cup at the semi again, this time by Villa. Lost the Champion's League final 2-1 to Barca. Ridiculous defending led to their goals.

Current squad is:

Rafael

Kelly Skrtel Agger Enrique

Aquilani Podolski Sigurdsson

Shaqiri Welliton Suarez

Bench: Coates, Henderson, Redmond (who's top notch, only 18), Martins, Flanagan, Robinson, Lucas

Going to sell Aqua and Martins at the end of this season so I can get some of the younger players (Leitner, Leandro) into the squad
    Is that the one who plays for Birmingham?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Man utd season five
    Akinfeev
    Abate
    Ranochia
    Verthongen
    Olsoon
    Sanchez
    Ganso
    Modric
    Bale
    Cavani
    Leanardo Diamao
    Sold rooney for 65 million and bought the most of that team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

My Arsenal team in my 2nd Season...

Szczęsny

Sagna
    Vermaelen
    Samba
    Criscito

Gervinho
    Wilshere
    Schweinsteiger
    Gaitan

Aguero
    RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

Is that the one who plays for Birmingham?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

I had two scouts, one in Mexico the other in Spain and they each brought back reports on about 10 players who were all called 'fernando monzon'. Then when i was hiring a third scout he was 'fernando monzon' too.

Yep
    Yeah I've used him before, he's quality.

I had two scouts, one in Mexico the other in Spain and they each brought back reports on about 10 players who were all called 'fernando monzon'. Then when i was hiring a third scout he was 'fernando monzon' too.

Never had that happen to me :pac: does it happen in any other saves if you have any?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Started with Napoli bought Shaqiri, Henry, Ogbonna, and an argentine left back from Zenit whos name escapes me but won the league in the 1st Season in the last 2 weeks Juventus lost and drew i was 4 ahead before that won my last 2 league games Cavani, Lavezzi and Henry:eek: were all lethal

Season 2 Cavani forced himself out of the club brought in Doumbia who did even better had a a handly CL group won 5 out of 6, got knocked out by Real (who had tevez,ibrahimvich and ronaldo all playing) 3-2 over two legs, Won League again but way handier, but was bored of napoli been offered 3o mil again after 2 titles, Real came calling , Had been watching how they were doing in the other leagues section , They were struggling in 3rd behind Barcelona, and knocked out of the CL by Barca,

So they had 130 brought in a defence of Mbia, Kompany, Clichy and van der wiel , My other 2 big signings were Munain and Hazard (stil at lille in season 3) doing pretty well so far 11 points clear of Barca with 4 games to go and dortmund coming up in the CL quarters and Barca in the final of the kings cup Beat um twice in league already 3-1(a) and 5-0 (h) so quitely confident :) not sure if ill stay again league is easier than italy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I like to pick a small Premier League team (or decent Championship one) and make a "Premier League Not Quite Stars All Star" team out of them. It's basically a team of players I like who would be 2nd or 3rd tier in terms of overall ability.

A general XI would be:

Howard/Given

Danny Simpson, Phil Jones, Vermaelen, Baines

Valencia, Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Etherington

Bent, Adebayor (Or Drogba if I want to cheat a bit)

I tend to lower the difficulty a little when I do this, since I'm not very good.

--
    Then, when I want to be a top team and play on Legendary, I get frustrated with the crap midfield as a United fan, and hate always having to buy the same few (Modric, Sneijder, Schweinsteiger, etc) so I've made Keane and Cantona to stick in as DMF and AMF. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 andy6663331

Hi Guys,
    Started with Malaga in La Liga with a pretty mediocre team. I play with my brother on the same team. 12 Seasons Later, played 650, drawn about 75 and lost about the same. We have won 8 consecutive La Liga's and 3 Copa Del Rey's as well as 4 Champions Leagues (3 of them Consecutive) amongst other minor trophies. We play on Legendary and we do not sim games other then friendlies. Our current team in late 2022 is as follows,
    Thibault Courtois, Micah Richards, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Kyle Walker/Nicolai Boilesen, Jack Wilshere, Jack Rodwell, Cristian Erikkson/Goetze/De Vitis, Gareth Bale, Juan Manuel Iturbe/Nathan Redmond, Hulk, Ballotelli
    A few subs and reserves include David Goodwillie, Ogbonna, Stefan Di Vrij, Hugo Mallo, Nathaniel Clyne, Cheikhou Kouyaté, El Shaaraway, Steven N'Zonzi

We have found as we progress so far in they fail to produce enough younger players to buy who are at a good enough quality. Therefore the youngest acceptable player (at least 80+ rating) are now 28-30.

Other players that have passed through the team over 12 seasons include,
    Bransilav Ivanovic, Matts Hummels, Shinji Kagawa, Neymar, Abdou Razack Traore, Louis Saha, Diego Forlan, Casemiro, Arturo Vidal, Victor Valdes, Hans Jorg Butt, Steven Mandanda, Cristian Ansaldi, Martin Olssen, Jeremy Toulalan, Thiago Silva, Willians, Tom Cleverley and Ross Barkley.

Hopefully we will complete the alleged 15 season limit although who knows if there is one i can't find any proof.
    Would definately reccomend players like Hulk, We have had him for around 9 seasons and he is amazing. at 36 now he has hardly lost much, a timeless player. Other great players were Matts Hummels and Thiago Silva the pairing. Unfortunately Silva retired but went out on a high winning consecutive champions leagues and scoring in the final, his last game as captain. The board forced us to sell Hummels at 32. We bought him for 21millions and sold him for 10million. This goes to show over a long period of time if you recycle your players before they get to old, you get your value for money. Over around 9 seasons we paid 11million for him. Just over 1million a season. similarly we were forced to sell Neymar after around 5 seasons. Bought for 39 but sold for 32. As an up and coming side i would recommend high impact high velocity, physical players in wide position such as traore and eliseu whom we had already in the Malaga side. buying technically gifted player through the middle straight away is too expensive for a team on a budget. the best impact you will get is through pace and strength in wide position which can be done on a budget until you can afford real quality. with the bulk of the money i would reccomend getting a sturdy defence, a reliable goalkeeper and a hard working lynchpin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Quite enjoying career mode in fifa this year especially with the tough ai (even if it frustrates the **** out of me at times:pac:). Been playing with St Etienne the last few months and have progressed from mid table expectations to title challengers in the space of 4 seasons. On a modest budget too which is fairly good especially as the likes of PSG, Lorient, Nice, Lille have all got big 'sheikh' owners since..

In my 5th season now, finally qualified for CL and unbeaten start to year. Few cracking signings made in the likes of Kakuta (Chelsea), Suchy (Spartak), Flamini (Milan), Diaby (Arsenal) but the star of the show is defintely Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse). Signed for 6m. Absoulute tank of midfielder. Have been offered tempting 18m for him but imho hes worth alot lot more:pac: Strongest XI atm is...

Ruffier (84)
    Barragan (74), Suchy (81), Hovland (79), Baal (71)
    Flamini (76), Sissoko (82), Diaby (79)

Gradel (79)
    Kakuta (80)

Aubameyang (80)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Started a Career Mode with Wigan on Legendary difficulty, I wanted a real relegation scrap. Was given a budget of £9m and got rid of some dead weight like Emerson Boyce, Hendry Thomas and Gohouri which gave me enough to make some good signings, I brought in: Ryan Donk from Club Brugge, Boulahrouz from Stuttgart, Leandro Greco from Roma, Josué from Wolfsburg, Paul Pogba on loan from United, Mohammed Tchite from Standard Liege and El Shaarawi on loan from AC.

My line-up looks like this:

Al Habsi
    --Boulahrouz--Donk--Caldwell--Figueroa
    Josué
    McCarthy---Greco
    ----Moses
    El Shaarawi
    Tchite

Bench: Kirkland, Alcaraz, Watson, Pogba, Crusat, Di Santo, Rodallega.

5 games into the season, I beat Norwich 1-0, lost 2-1 to Swansea, lost 1-0 to QPR, beat Man City 3-1 in the Etihad!, beat Everton 1-0 at Goodison. Ryan Donk is an absolute beast at the back. El Shaarawi and Moses have good pace, but Tchite has something like 94 pace, asbolute speed demon, he has 5 goals for me already and is top scorer in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

in my 13th season with Liverpool playing on world class.finding it desperately hard to get motivated and finish it even tho im almost there! problem being at this stage i win evrything and the production line of young players has dried up. heres me first 11.

Ter Stegen

Kyle Walker
    Simone Benedetti
    Mats Hummels
    Cristiano Biraghi

Xerdan Shaqiri
    Yann MVilla
    Mario Gotze
    Juan Manuel Iturbe

Neymar
    Romelu Lukaku (pre update,not sure what he reaches now)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Currently in my third season with Crystal Palace on Legandary. Managed to get promotion last year via playoffs. The current season has been awful, lying in 19th after 16 games. I managed to get Bellamy in but I've had to bench him due to shocking form, he's not happy about it either. I've a young lad Kieran Djijali up front, but he's fairly inaffective at this level.
    Looking at my first relegation in a long time I say. :(

Had 3 seasons with Derry - two league titles, one domestic cup and top scorer in all three seasons. Despite that success and a brief appearance in Europe, we kept aiming for 5th. Got frustrated with that lack of belief, so left to PSG. Good squad though they just sold Tevez.

Had an ok start, but my defending is awful at the moment! Haven't played against AI in a while so trying to get used to that again :D Personally, I am doing ok - only a squad member, but starting to make an impact. Started recording my adventures from an internal monologue perspective too, so that's a bit of fun.

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing as leeds utd in my second season,got promoted to the premiership,won the championship on 104 points,really struggling in the top flight,15 points,15th in the table and it's december,couldn't bring in anyone in the summer transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hashify999

decided to try and get brighton promoted. signed leitner from dortmund and obi from inter on loan and signed funes mori for river plate. hes a young striker rating 72 but grows fast. signed owen on a free aswell and bruno from valencia a rb with savage crosses. so i won the playoffs and now in my 3rd season in the premier league but keep getting ****y small budgets like 12 million. team now is

kuzscak

bruno khumalo caulker andre santos/rubin

leitner jenas wakaso el shaarawy

anelka funes mori

• Advertisement
Advertisement