Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo - Dublin direct

Options
  • 28-01-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

http://www.thebus.ie/

Only found out about this beaut! We were well overdue for a direct bus service and Bus Eireann weren't going to give it to us.

Hope it gets enough business.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

How long is this running does anybody know?They would want to spend a bit on advertising never knew about it good news all the same.The Bus Eireann bus in like a slow mental form of torture and the Train is expensive unless you can get the promotional fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Been running for about 6 months afaik. Seen it advertised in a few places.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I haven't been on a Bus Eireann bus since the early Nineties and I remember the Sligo - Dublin route took about 4 days. Ya I know a slight embellishment there, it actually took about 4 hours + if I remember correctly. I certainly hope it's a lot faster today for anyone planning on using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I got the Bus Eireann bus once coming down from college.

Left at half three. Took three hours to get to Longford. We were in at the same time as the five train. I swear I thought I was going to go insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I haven't been on a Bus Eireann bus since the early Nineties and I remember the Sligo - Dublin route took about 4 days. Ya I know a slight embellishment there, it actually took about 4 hours + if I remember correctly. I certainly hope it's a lot faster today for anyone planning on using it.

There's no change, I've been on it many times and its usually between 4-5 hours. The train from Glasgow to London is less than that and its two and a half times the distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

There's no change, I've been on it many times and its usually between 4-5 hours. The train from Glasgow to London is less than that and its two and a half times the distance.

Shocking to think it hasn't changed in the years since I last used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

heard nothing but good things about the new bus from a few friends that have used it. they were glowing about the free wifi! and a usable and clean toilet. they went on about this bus quite a bit actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Nope hasn't really changed I remember once taking five and a half hours to get to Dublin. I was nearly in tears with the sheer boredom and frustration :(

Advertisement