Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cycling Club in South Cavan

Options
  • 28-01-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

A group of about 25 or 30 people met last Monday in Crover House Hotel, Mountnugent, Co Cavan to discuss forming a cycling club. We are starting with a cycle round Lough Sheelin every Sunday morning. First is tommorrow (Sunday 29th) morning. The route is 26 km. Meeting at Crover House Hotel, 9 am. Anyone interested is welcome.

If interest in the Sunday morning cycle is sustained for a few months we will go ahead and form a club. The club will be about relaxed leisure cycling rather than racing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JamesSmith99

Hi There,
    Only seeing this post now, is this still going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭clonmahon

Sure is. Meet every Sunday Morning at Crover House Hotel about 9.15. Rolling out about 9.30. We had about 10 every Sunday, so far everyone has been on road bikes and the run has been pacey, around 16 mph. But if you are interested in a slower run that can be accommodated as well.

Hi Clonmahon, 25km+ would suit me great, I was heading out with the Virginia club and while the crowd is great, was looking for some people a little closer to home.
    What distances would you normally cover?

I missed last Sunday (too much whiskey on Sat night) but the previous week we done 33 km and the week before 28 km.

Sounds good, Has there been any more movement on the formation of a club (Cycling Ireland Insurance is a good idea especially if there is a large group)

• Advertisement

The club will go ahead. The idea was to see if the interest would be sustained before we started a club, rather than start a club and have it fall through.

Good stuff, hope to catch up with you all on Sunday. Might be able to convince a few others to come as well,

Sending you a PM with my mobile details to keep me updated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Hi,

Is this going ahead in the morning? If so I'll see yous there.

Hi,

Is this going ahead in the morning? If so I'll see yous there.

Will go ahead unless there is frost

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

clonmahon wrote: »
    I missed last Sunday (too much whiskey on Sat night) but the previous week we done 33 km and the week before 28 km.
    Ah well, as long as you had a good night :) Sounds like a bit too much cycling for me though.

• Advertisement

Ah well, as long as you had a good night :) Sounds like a bit too much cycling for me though.

Had a very good night and didn't wake until noon. I'm away playing music tonight, a few beers is the plan, and whiskey strictly rationed. In bed by 3 am, sober.

It's 02.14 I am sober and have only drank a few JDs, so I'm off to bed. See u all in Crover at 9.15 am

Advertisement