Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This morning on Beau street...

Options
  • 28-01-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

At a little past 9 am this morning I was awoken by my lovely neighbour, who unfortunately was delivering bad news to my poor hungover self.

"I have some bad news, you car caught fire and the garda want to talk to you"

I looked down the road to where my car was parked and there she was up in smoke, at first all I could think was "Do cars sometimes just combust?" (Typical Girl!) Never crossed my mind that someone would actually do it, and especially on a Saturday morning.... But no, some scumbag F***er burnt out my car, for no reason at all.

The garda were lovely and reckon it was an attack on the house (not confirmed) my car was parked near. The pyromaniacs dragged a wheelie bin to the front door of the house, just in front of my car and lit it on fire, thankfully it was my car that caught and not the house but that is a small consolation prize!

I just can't believe that someone would actually do this, seriously losing fate in people!

Anyways thats my rant, just curious if anyone saw anything this morning around the area of Beau and Bolton street, the car was parked near the end of the road any help would be great because this isn't the first time something like this has happened in the area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Its a horrible thing to happen, know a few people who have had similar experiences in different parts of waterford. My sympathies are with you and glad no one got hurt.

Sorry to say, until the neighbour that it was targeted at either moves or solves the problem, it'll keep happening.So try and be vigilant and look after yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

cb123 wrote: »
    At a little past 9 am this morning I was awoken by my lovely neighbour, who unfortunately was delivering bad news to my poor hungover self.

"I have some bad news, you car caught fire and the garda want to talk to you"

I looked down the road to where my car was parked and there she was up in smoke, at first all I could think was "Do cars sometimes just combust?" (Typical Girl!) Never crossed my mind that someone would actually do it, and especially on a Saturday morning.... But no, some scumbag F***er burnt out my car, for no reason at all.

The garda were lovely and reckon it was an attack on the house (not confirmed) my car was parked near. The pyromaniacs dragged a wheelie bin to the front door of the house, just in front of my car and lit it on fire, thankfully it was my car that caught and not the house but that is a small consolation prize!

I just can't believe that someone would actually do this, seriously losing fate in people!

Anyways thats my rant, just curious if anyone saw anything this morning around the area of Beau and Bolton street, the car was parked near the end of the road any help would be great because this isn't the first time something like this has happened in the area.

Bastid scumbags have no respect for other peoples property, I do not know much about that area but is there flats around there that is known for drug taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

cb123 wrote: »
    But no, some scumbag F***er burnt out my car,

Excellent line ^ :D

Sorry to hear about your car, great to see your in good spirits despite your troubles...

Unfortunately more then likely your insurance company will offer you a lot less then your own estimate for your car.. so make sure you claim for everything you had in the car that was damaged by the fire to try make up the shortfall..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

That's a balls. Pity the scumbags didn't trip and land in the wheelie bin.

Insurance is a bit hit and miss. When my bike got robbed a few years ago they gave me easily 500+ more than I would have sold the bike for lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

seanybiker wrote: »

Insurance is a bit hit and miss. When my bike got robbed a few years ago they gave me easily 500+ more than I would have sold the bike for lol.

unlike the insurance companies to slip up like that!!!

• Advertisement

daftdave wrote: »
    unlike the insurance companies to slip up like that!!!

I know yeah. I was delighted haha. New bike, loads of beer and some Xbox games for meself lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

isnt there CCTV in bolton street car park and Catherine street so fingers crossed the Gardai will know them. Unfortuantely, i dont think they can do anything as there is no CCTV on beau st. (presume so anyway). I had a friend in dublin whos car was constantly vandalised where she lives, she had to start parking it in a more open area. Never understood mindless vandalism, i guess there are a lot of idiot scumbags going around thinking this is a great laugh or jealousy (i dont have it so no one else should). Im down around there during the day sometimes, someone has a lovely small red MG car down there, i hope that wasnt the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Aarnikotka

Was it at the Bolton Street end? Beau Street is usually pretty quiet, judging by my own experience of the area, seeing as it's far enough away from the nightclub end of town and people leaving clubs etc generally would have no reason to go through there.

Sorry about your car :( rotten luck. I hope they're caught, whoever they are.

Remember about 15 years ago I bought a car for €15000 a top of the range Volvo S40 15 months old. Ten days later a lorry wrote it off (Parked at the time) and the insurance company was offering me €13800. Despite me showing them a receipt they wouldn’t budge on the price.

Luckily my solicitor who was good ;) informed them about my citizen watch worth €50 Rolex watch worth €800 and my plastic rain mac worth €25 good handmade leather jacket €400 was in the car at the time of the accident and they paid out the 15 grand..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Funfair wrote: »
    Remember about 15 years ago I bought a car for €15000 a top of the range Volvo S40 15 months old. Ten days later a lorry wrote it off (Parked at the time) and the insurance company was offering me €13800. Despite me showing them a receipt they wouldn’t budge on the price.

Luckily my solicitor who was good ;) informed them about my citizen watch worth €50 Rolex watch worth €800 and my plastic rain mac worth €25 good handmade leather jacket €400 was in the car at the time of the accident and they paid out the 15 grand..:cool:

Ah now good job ya beat me to the story I was going to tell about the tim e my car was stolen right after I played golf after work so the new laptop, brand new set of Taylor Made clubs and handmade suit were in it....all at the same time....what a foookin coincidence they would grab the car with all that 6 grand worth of **** in it the lucky tramps!

• Advertisement

I bought the bandit 6 brand new in 06. Still have its nublmber plate after whoever robbed it crashed it down in billberry. For the life of me I don't know who in billbeery would rob a bike. Anyways. I was thinking of selling for 4000 but would have settling for 3500. Insurance gave me 4500 and I got a gsxr 1000 for 3800 .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

If only the scumbags had told me they were going to do that, I'd have parked my car there!
    Insurance claim is my only hope of a pay out for it :D:D

Sorry for your troubles btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,343 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hm, some clues in this thread as to why my insurance keeps going up.

looksee wrote: »
    Hm, some clues in this thread as to why my insurance keeps going up.

The clue being scumbags busting up cars maybe?

The clue being Insurance companies rip you off on the premiums and will try the same when your involved in an accident.. It’s bad enough with the hassle involved without these gangsters trying to stick the boot in offering less than your car is worth..
    One of Irelands leading Insurance companies Aviva makes 100 million every 6 months here (2010 figures)
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0805/breaking8.html

So I have no problem claiming a Fair settlement playing them at there own game..

The clue being Insurance companies rip you off on the premiums and will try the same when your involved in an accident.. It’s bad enough with the hassle involved without these gangsters trying to stick the boot in offering less than your car is worth..
    One of Irelands leading Insurance companies Aviva makes 100 million every 6 months here (2010 figures)
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0805/breaking8.html

So I have no problem claiming a Fair settlement playing them at there own game..
    I hear horror stories about them all the time and was really surprised when they settled my claim with very little hassle at all. Your one on the phone said they will get someone to find out how much the bike was worth and they will then get back to me. She said if I'm not happy with the offer I could deny it and they normally offer more. Then when she rang back a few days later and gave me the offer I accepted it straight away.
    Tbh the bike was worth more than the 4 I said I would have left it go for but I didn't owe anything on it so would have just gone for a quick sale, couldn't be arsed waiting around for a proper price lol.
    I offered to buy the bike back when it was eventually recovered and she said no worries, I had to ring back a few days later so they could send someone to access the damage on it. Rang back ready to offer 3000 for it but they said the recovery truck fella wanted 1300 off them for recovery and storage so they just gave him the bike instead of payment. Was sickened. Loved that bike :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I hear horror stories about them all the time and was really surprised when they settled my claim with very little hassle at all. Your one on the phone said they will get someone to find out how much the bike was worth and they will then get back to me. She said if I'm not happy with the offer I could deny it and they normally offer more. Then when she rang back a few days later and gave me the offer I accepted it straight away.
    Tbh the bike was worth more than the 4 I said I would have left it go for but I didn't owe anything on it so would have just gone for a quick sale, couldn't be arsed waiting around for a proper price lol.
    I offered to buy the bike back when it was eventually recovered and she said no worries, I had to ring back a few days later so they could send someone to access the damage on it. Rang back ready to offer 3000 for it but they said the recovery truck fella wanted 1300 off them for recovery and storage so they just gave him the bike instead of payment. Was sickened. Loved that bike :(

Why didn't you contact the storage truck fella and make him an offer for the bike?

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Why didn't you contact the storage truck fella and make him an offer for the bike?
    two of the lads went out to check on the bike and said yer man was already after selling parts off it anyways and had it lying on its side so it would have costing to much to replace the parts :( the fecker lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

ya could of still offered him a price minus the parts price of the bike:D,would have been a nice project for ya

ya could of still offered him a price minus the parts price of the bike:D,would have been a nice project for ya

Be a nice project alright but what would i ride around on while I was fixing it up lol.

• Advertisement

the same thing ya have been riding around for the last two years now lol

the same thing ya have been riding around for the last two years now lol
    I asked but yer ma wont move in with me hahaha

ffs seany shes nearly trice your age lol

the recovery truck fella wanted 1300 off them for recovery and storage

There's the clue right there why premiums go up ^

€1300 to put a bike on the back of a pick-up and leave it out in the back yard for a few weeks.

The insurance company rather then pay the outragous €1300 they instead give him a bike worth €3000-€4000

you couldn't make that stuff up...

Advertisement