Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do your kids bring to school in their lunch box?

Options
  • 28-01-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all, I've two kids at school at the moment (3rd class and Senior Infants),and we seem to be getting lots and lots of hints about what the other kids get to eat at lunch time.

We put sandwiches of various sorts, fruit and a cordial juice. Sometimes ( 3 times this year ) we put a chocolate snack in as well.

My question is, what do you put into your kids lunch box?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ive two in school, one in senior infants and the other in 2nd

in the lunchboxes are:
    • sandwiches which consist of two rounds of a loaf, one of my kids prefers jam, and the other cheese.
    • a kids sized water each.....one gets a juice as well, usually a caprison
    • a cheese string
    • a cereal bar
    • one also gets fruit, usually satsuma or apple
    • sometimes a frube, though thats usually the item left, if there is one,

the only half awkward thing i find is that they have to bring all the rubbish home with them, so a half eaten frube, orange peels and bread crusts makes for a messy lunchbox to clean

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

2 lads 10 & 11

lunch consists of large roll with chicken or ham and cheese

large yogart and 2 frubes

orange and or apple / pear

large bottle of water or ribena

pink wafer biscuits or cookies (hidden in kitchen towel!! there not allowed them)

i do laugh because the lunches get bigger and bigger as there growing. iv often asked what other lads have in their lunch box and its usually the same stuff sometimes they swap bits of lunch with other lads and alwats come 2.30 there starving again !!!!!

Advertisement