Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Blackberry to W595

Options
  • 28-01-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

I'm currently using a Blackberry Pearl (company phone). My wife has gotten a SIM free Sony Ericsson W595 http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w595-2469.php on an upgrade which she isn't going to use & I'm thinking of using it. My question is will I be able to synchronise with my company email account as I currently do with the Blackberry?

Thanks for the help...

Benny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

W595? As an upgrade? Did someone bump this thread from 2008?! :)

Seriously though, I very much doubt the W595 has exchange support, just POP and IMAP so if your company supports POP or IMAP mail, then it should work, but the majority of companies would use Exchange or an equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Thanks Chris, thats what I thought. Its an upgrade from a few years back alright... Any advice on a phone that has this capability?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Any smartphone, be it iPhone, Android or Windows, will support Exchange email.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Why not consider a new BlackBerry: 9900 has a touch screen with a physical keyboard, 9810 has a large touch screen with a slideout physical keyboard and the 9860 has a large touchscreen. All of these will work wonderfully with your work email and will be a massive improvement over both your phones mentioned above.

Advertisement