Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would it be alright?

Options
  • 28-01-2012 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

I was going to get an i3 gaming build but my budget has been cut for that as I'm getting an iPhone soon, so getting second had parts:

550W WinPower PSU

DFI LanParty NF4-SLI-DR Mobo

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200

Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro (AM2/939)

There the technical parts, getting case, hdd and dvd drive aswell, all the parts mentioned will be second hand and will total up to about 120 euro , so 2 questions, 1: How are these parts for gaming? and 2: Would a sapphire 6870 be good for this? Taaa!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No, the AMD X2 is pretty poor by today's standards. It's pretty much minimum requirements for most games these days. You should try get something a step up tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

TBH you should just wait and save up the money and put it towards your i3, there's not much point in getting that build.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I'm a cheap bastard and even I wouldn't buy a 4200. You'd be better of with a Sempron 140 even (they can unlock to a dual core some times).

At this stage, you need to be going ddr3/am3.

Don't bother with that cpu cooler either. If you can't afford to buy good processors, you don't need to go spending money on coolers (unless you're going to get a low end of a line and overclock it to get to the higher end of the same line and save money).

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Thanks lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sell iphone, buy android and then with 90% of money left over buy gaming machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

sell iphone, buy android and then with 90% of money left over buy gaming machine.
    Had an android(HTC Wildfire) before, really didn't like it, over a few months it was barely functioning speed wise, terrible battery life, there had to be a nack to send and recieve texts, didnt like it that much at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Had an android(HTC Wildfire) before, really didn't like it, over a few months it was barely functioning speed wise, terrible battery life, there had to be a nack to send and recieve texts, didnt like it that much at all..

there are good and bad androids.

i am using iphone 3gs myself and its my last one. i got misses sony ericson ray which runs circles around my $phone.

Advertisement