Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the middle of tests - Need a little help please!

Options
  • 28-01-2012 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey all, i'm very new here so i apologize in advance if this question has been answered before.

Married 7 years, ttc for 6 years and finally have been refereed to a urologist due to dh has no sperm when he did 2 x SA. He will have his biopsy next month and we have been told that we will probably need ICSI after.

My question is, has anyone been down this road and the costs of it all. We both have medical cards and up until now have used our cards. The problem is that we received a date for his Biopsy last month (and told to bring MC) but was canceled by the doctor. Now we received a new appointment but also received a letter from Galway Fertility Unit stating we have to pay for the biopsy ahead of the procedure. Slightly confused as we never received this before the first appointment. Any advise would be really appreciated.

Also we have been told that ICSI treatment is 4800euros. Would we be entitled to a % off due to us having MC?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lesspain

Don't know if this will help in your situation but here goes:
    Under EU law all Irish citizens are entitled to travel to any other EU member state for treatment which can not be provided here or is unavailable in a timely manner and the Irish government must pick up the bill. Check out treatmentabroad.ie for more info. good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

You must have 1 sperm to fertilise the egg. If he has zero, then no amount of treatment can help. Sorry, so sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

ravima wrote: »
    You must have 1 sperm to fertilise the egg. If he has zero, then no amount of treatment can help. Sorry, so sorry.

Just because there was no sperm found in the samples provided does not mean there is no sperm present:rolleyes:
    There may be a blockage and the biospy will get to the bottom of this. Hopefully they can extract sperm successfully for ICSI.
    OP: I'm currently on this road but am attending a private clinic so can't give you any advise on costs/treatment with a medical card.
    Best of luck :)

Advertisement