Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Huawei HG556a and Apple TV

Options
  • 28-01-2012 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I've been with Vodafone since being switched over from BT and using the old BT Voyager 2110 wireless router. I've had an apple tv for over a year and using with no problems with the BT router. Recently as part of a package change Vodafone sent me a Huawei HG556a router and I changed over to this as it is N rated. However since changing over I've not been able to connect properly to my itunes library on my home pc to stream content. Sometimes it won't find the library at all, sometimes it will find the library but won't play content, sometimes it finds the library and begins to play content but then disconnects and won't find the library again. I've think I've tried everything, reset the router, reset the Apple TV, reinstalled itunes but the same problems. The Apple TV will stream content directly from Apple with no problems its just the homesharing that doesn't work.

I've looked in the routers settings but don't know what to change to get this to work. I've just switched back to the BT Voyager 2110 and it is back working again.

Does anyone have any ideas what settings to change to get homesharing to work with the Huawei HG556a?

Thanks

Advertisement