Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulk Paper Shredding

Options
  • 28-01-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

I've got an accumulation of about 30 kilos of household documents for shredding. Is there anywhere in Dublin I can bring them and be assured they will be destroyed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

I've no idea if it's true but I was once told that Rehab will take documents away and shred them for recycling for free. Might be worth giving them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

rcdk1 wrote: »
    I've no idea if it's true but I was once told that Rehab will take documents away and shred them for recycling for free. Might be worth giving them a ring.
    Thanks, I might give them a go. Would like to be certain of their security though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

ballooba wrote: »
    Thanks, I might give them a go. Would like to be certain of their security though.

RehabRecycle do run a secure shredding service. I would be very surprised if it's free though, as it's run as a proper business. They have on-site shredding i.e. a special truck comes to your door and shreds the stuff there and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

rcdk1 wrote: »
    nibtrix wrote: »
    RehabRecycle do run a secure shredding service. I would be very surprised if it's free though, as it's run as a proper business. They have on-site shredding i.e. a special truck comes to your door and shreds the stuff there and then.
    I had a chat with the guy who told me about Rehab. It was a once-off clearout of documents from a site office at the end of a project. Rehab did it for free, but apparently there was over a tonne of paper to be destroyed in one go. I guess that amount of paper would have a commercial value (as a raw material) and that was why Rehab did it for free.

Probably not much use to the OP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Do you or any of your relatives have an open fire or a multifuel stove?

Get one of these, make the paper into fuel. Solves your problem about privacy and keeps you warm at the same time. They're online for €13.99

paperbriqmaker_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Thanks for the tip about the briquette maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I've used Cyclone before to shred hundreds and thousands of documents, they come to you and pick up the documents and destroy them securely. Very good service, usually out the day that I called them. It might be a little pricey for an individual (€100-€150 maybe, depending on how much they have) but it might be worth giving them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Ross O'Carroll Kellys

Shred Focking Everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

Briquette makers are grand but its the shredding thats the hard bit especially if you have lots of papers. If you do it bit by bit there're great.

Advertisement