Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Help

• 28-01-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

So I dropped out of college as I didn't like my course so will be doing a different course in the same college in September.

I was told to reapply through the cao so I am just wondering how will the Cao people know my results from last year?

I'm not repeating the leaving cert this year, just using my points from last year to apply this year.

Thanks so much

*also posted in leaving cert, didn't know which forum was more relevant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

As far as I remember there's an option on the application to say you'e done the leaving cert before. They'll ask you what your CAO number is and then get your results from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

They ask what year you did the Leaving Cert in! From all your details they'll be able to get all the relevant information. Don't worry about it, the CAO are cabale of doing most things ok :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Hi guys,
    A friend of mine is in the exact same situation and was wondering about how she's supposed to use last years LC points.

I thought you had to post them in? There are sections in the handbook about it? She's filled it in accordingly anyway but thinks shes needs to send in a copy of her LC results from 2011.

Would love if any of you could correct me! It's pretty urgent.

Thanks.

kate.m wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    A friend of mine is in the exact same situation and was wondering about how she's supposed to use last years LC points.

I thought you had to post them in? There are sections in the handbook about it? She's filled it in accordingly anyway but thinks shes needs to send in a copy of her LC results from 2011.

Would love if any of you could correct me! It's pretty urgent.

Thanks.

Hey, I was in that position last year, they already have your results on file, as I said, they ask what year you did the LC, ask for your exam number, then the computer will do the rest. Dont panic about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

thanks! :)

I was trying to help her fill it out over the weekend. All the stuff about posting certs in and everything just made her (and me...) panic! glad he doens't have to deal with that.

Is it really just that easy? Fill it in, give exam no. for LC and year and also fill in the little bit on your current course, year and exam results ect? (for higher education?)

Just wouldn't want her to get any nasty surprises. Thanks a lot by the way!.

• Advertisement

kate.m wrote: »
    thanks! :)

I was trying to help her fill it out over the weekend. All the stuff about posting certs in and everything just made her (and me...) panic! glad he doens't have to deal with that.

Is it really just that easy? Fill it in, give exam no. for LC and year and also fill in the little bit on your current course, year and exam results ect? (for higher education?)

Just wouldn't want her to get any nasty surprises. Thanks a lot by the way!.

Yea it is! I just double checked the CAO paper application and all it asks is for is your LC exam number and the year you sat your Leaving. They have your results on file, they just need the relevant info for the correct results to be found. Trust the CAO, just fill in whats asked and proof that you went to university from the university attended.

Advertisement